Lawless, the movie.

stargazer14

I watch about 5 movies a week and this one stuck with me for some reason. Lawless is pretty good and I am surprised I havent heard more about it. Thrilling, good music, true story and how can you not like a movie about moonshine?

Has anyone else seen this? I recommend it more than any movie I've seen in the past 2 months.

And Gary Oldman is in it, always worth a watch of his performance (barring Batman)

Argo was good but this one I was thinking about the next day.

• 5 months later...

I was quite disappointed with Lawless. Also, one of the things that struck me about it was the violence. I can't ever recalling thinking violence in a film was over-the-top, but in Lawless it seemed to be piled on for its own sake. Beatings, throat slittings, and worst of all the castrations....it was a bit much IMO.

Saw it in the theater, I liked it. I would say though that it is "loosely based on a true story".

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this movie. The little he was in it I thought Gary Oldman was good and I really liked Guy Pierce. Boy, he did a great job of playing a really sinister and seriously disturbed law man. He gave me the shivers......And Shia Lebouef was tolerable. Jessica Chastain I thought was also really good in this.