Esky for deep sleep storage

Reevzy

Hello, I'm thinking of "scaling down" my cigar buying by buying a box occasionally and just forgetting about it, if that makes sense.

I don't want to buy any massive big humidor si I read someone saying that you can buy an esky and put your beads in there and just store cigar boxes in there.

Do they keep cool? Or do you have to keep ice packs in them or how does it work.

Anyone had any experience with using an esky for the long term?

The Humidor Tutorial will give more info than you can imagine on using 'coolers' as the rest of the world [i.e -the East Coast of the US] calls them.

and I myself used one or 2 (or 3) for a good while. Just keep it in a cool spot in the house, check on it once in a while to make sure humidity isnt too high and you are golden.

Well, I'm trying to keep my humidor in the coolest places possible in the house and temps get up to 30C/85F inside there.

That's why I asked about ice packs in the esky but I guess they're made of stuff for good insulation.

Might go to Bunnings to pick one up...... again. An esky never lasts long when it comes camping for some reason.

When they run out of beer we tend to take out our disappointment on them laugh.png

I've been using an esky for the past couple of months. It tends to stay a few degrees cooler than my desktop which is in the same room. The highest I've seen it at was 28C on a really hot day. I wouldn't stress about it too much. I think if you're storing them long term the occasional high temp is not going to have too much effect unless it's stays high for a long period of time. Definitely agree about not using ice packs. Good luck with it

Search for the 'techniice' brand on the googles.

Variety of sizes and 'coolth-ness-es', so to speak.

Prices look pretty good, and delivery is flatrate or you can pick it up from Frankston.

As an aside, check out the jaycar weather stations with the remote humidity & temp sensor. cat# XC0335. There's a store in Hallam.

Sweet Chief! Those Tecni ice boxes look like a long term gem.

I may have a gander at their shop, hopefully their eskies are a damn sight better than their promotional video

for their classic box range laugh.png Have you seen it? Quite the giggle it's so terrible!

Thanks for the info! Interested in that weather station too!

Reevzy with those summer temps, suggest considering a small wine fridge (thermoelectric). A 28 bottle will be sub $300, though you may be happy with smaller (thus cheaper) models.

Reevzy with those summer temps, suggest considering a small wine fridge (thermoelectric). A 28 bottle will be sub $300, though you may be happy with smaller (thus cheaper) models.

BigW has a 16 bottle chiller for under 120 bananas. Check online.

I'm really tempted to get one, I don't have a big collection and am thinking I'll hold 4-5 boxes of 20/24/25 and buy singles to try something different when I'm out at a venue.

BigW has a 16 bottle chiller for under 120 bananas. Check online.

I'm really tempted to get one, I don't have a big collection and am thinking I'll hold 4-5 boxes of 20/24/25 and buy singles to try something different when I'm out at a venue.

That's what I have. Washed it out, blocked the drainage hole, threw in a couple of lbs of heartfelt beads and it works like a dream.