Real or Fake?

kzoo11

<p sab="2044">In this case a picture is not worth a 1000 words.<br sab="2045" />

<br sab="2046" />

You need to examine the box yourself....check through the bands, packaging, date codes, box stamps, box seals, warrenty seals, logo etc and let us know (with images) of the suspect sections.<br sab="2047" />

<br sab="2048" />

You need to know what to look for yourself...and purchase from trusted sources.<br sab="2049" />

<br sab="2050" />

Do not post details on the forum, about who you purchased them from.  If anything seems wroung, someone might ask you for the source by PM.<br sab="2051" />

<br sab="2052" />

BTW...the info you want is on my website.</p>

I found a site that talks about authenticating Cubans and both of the seals looked like the ones shown and it also says the date on the back should be burned into the wood, not just stamped. I'm confident that these are the real thing, but there are many people on this forum that know much more than I do.

file://localhost/Users/robyboggs/Pictures/Photo%20Booth/Photo%20on%202012-12-23%20at%2000.08.jpg

file://localhost/Users/robyboggs/Pictures/Photo%20Booth/Photo%20on%202012-12-23%20at%2000.08%20%232.jpg

file://localhost/Users/robyboggs/Pictures/Photo%20Booth/Photo%20on%202012-12-23%20at%2000.09.jpg

Sorry the pictures are backwards...

I found a site that talks about authenticating Cubans and both of the seals looked like the ones shown and it also says the date on the back should be burned into the wood, not just stamped. I'm confident that these are the real thing, but there are many people on this forum that know much more than I do.

Did you check the seal serial number on the Habanos website?

BTW...the dates should be ink stamped.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jagger

Great reference info links, Trevor, and what a great site you have. Very informative, especially for someone like me who is on a learning curve.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Welcome aboard bro. Might want to post a proper intro in the new member section as more people will see it. You found a good place to buy the real deal.

Thank you, and you are correct. Started one already, hope to learn a lot here!

• 3 weeks later...

If you're not sure they legitimate then they probably aren't. Why go through the motions of trying to verify authenticity after you already purchased them if you don't trust your vendor?

People are odd like that. Rob posts sometimes about people doubting him. Also, he might be American and trying to verify sticks ordered online.