Need of recommendations for a good restaurant in Toronto

These may or may not be apropos for an anniversary but these are my favourite restaurants that I think everyone should try:

Enoteca Sociale - a real Italian wine bar, offers 80 wines under $80, social sharable plates & daily house made pasta with inspiration from classic Roman cuisine, 1288 Dundas St. W.

Barque Smokehouse - authentic American South BBQ, chef-owner David Neinstein learned the secrets of the trade in an Oklahoma smokehouse and cannily adapted the southern tradition for farm-to-table-obsessed Toronto diners, 299 Roncesvalles Ave

Local Kitchen & Wine Bar - authentic Italian wine bar specializing in Salumi and hand-crafted pastas. Rustic, warm interior and friendly staff, 1710 Queen St. W.

Cowbell - warm, unpretentious bistro in the heart of Parkdale, Cowbell has been a pioneer in Toronto's local, organic, and whole-animal movements. The chalkboard menu--rewritten daily--gives a window onto the farms and seasons of Southern Ontario. 1564 Queen St. W.

japanese: blowfish or Momofuku

steak: Harbour sixty or Hy's

For foie gras: trevor's kitchen (went there on my 40th)

Others to consider

Spendido and Nota Bene

Canoe

North 44 (my favorite of all Mark McKewan restaurants; others ByMark and ONE)

Sassafraz and Spoontini in Yorkville

Hope this helps. Congratulations in advance on celebrating her 40th birthday

Hy's on Adelaide St.Very good but pricey.

^^^ this we went here on Art's recommendation before the Mega Herf this year. Excellent steaks and amazing caesar salad made table side

Thanks for all the people who suggested fitting places! I greatly appreciate that. I have now so many options to choose from that I suggest for our Mods to close this post.

Happy Christmas to all of you!

Michel