Wohoo presents!

Hey CQ,

Love the Lonsdales. PL stuff has been great lately.

The bags though - is that pipe tobacco? If so, what's up with the wild colourings? Is that from them adding flavourings to it? Interesting looking stuff, curious as to what the processing is like versus Cuban tobacco.

Yeah pipe tobacco, it's mostly how it's processed, some is oven baked and some are air dried, some are maduro style and some are colorado etc, also different types of tobacco like virginia are different colours. Some are flavoured too but it's done with natural things like fruits or orange rinds, alcohol added etc so some of the darker ones will be smokey and maduro flavoured while the lighter ones will be more tobacco-y etc

I don't know a huge amount (or even a small amount) about pipe tobacco though I know there are people on here wiht years and years of experience etc, I just have a gandalf pipe and the odd pack :D

Awesome stuff there mate very lucky man :)

I just bought my first pipe and have some tobacco already to go. A peterson pipe coming in from the uk!

Another learning curve!

Yeah pipe tobacco, it's mostly how it's processed, some is oven baked and some are air dried, some are maduro style and some are colorado etc, also different types of tobacco like virginia are different colours. Some are flavoured too but it's done with natural things like fruits or orange rinds, alcohol added etc so some of the darker ones will be smokey and maduro flavoured while the lighter ones will be more tobacco-y etc

I don't know a huge amount (or even a small amount) about pipe tobacco though I know there are people on here wiht years and years of experience etc, I just have a gandalf pipe and the odd pack biggrin.png

Huh! Cool. Interesting stuff.

Is it all natural, non-chemical additives then? I'm just curious, as I know how there's that drastic difference with cigars compared to cigarettes, and even Cuban puros compared to some non-Cuban cigars.

For the life of me, all the added chemicals or whatnot would be an absolute no-go.

However....

Funny thing is, one of the big things that drew me into the mystique of cigars back in the late 90's was the memories of my now long-passed Grandfather, old school from the Netherlands, and his propensity to always be smoking cigars and pipes, with the later filled with either Drum tobacco, or ripped up cigar remnants. LOL.

Ahhhh, memories.

I had the same concerns too but it's pretty much the same as cigars as far as I know, 99% of the makes pride themselves by using only natural techniques and ingredients. I guess there will be swisher sweets style pipe tobaccos that will have some nasty stuff in but the price will probably give those away. But yeah everything that I've seen available on both sides of the pond have been 100% natural.

Wow very nice! I've seen pictures and videos on youtube of people opening the new annual release ones etc, they are gorgeous!

Yep the annual release Peterson pipes look sweet. I am after this one its the 2012 LE if things go well.

I bought a cheaper one to see how I like it first and a corn cob pipe to experiment with. If I dont enjoy

the pipes the corn cob goes in the bin and the Peterson on ebay. :)

So much range in tobacco aswell its going to be interesting.

post-4989-0-98594200-1355725367_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...