Monte GEs - good cigar or questionable cigar?

There is only one person who can decide if a cigar is great in terms of flavor ... it's not Ken, or Rob, or even Piggy ... it's ME (that is to say, you, i.e. the smoker). It's completely subjective.

Now whether a cigar is "good" in terms of construction, quality of tobacco, etc., that is fairly objective and anyone with enough experience can tell you that.

But I've smoked my share of "great" cigars that just didn't float my boat, as I know we all have. Doesn't mean they weren't great cigars, they just weren't for me. Conversely, I LOVED the Behike 54 I just smoked (happy birthday to me!), and I know some of you wouldn't touch those with a 39.5 foot pole ... to each his own.

That's why cigar trading is so awesome, you can trade stuff you don't like to someone who loves them and get something you like in return, thereby increasing the amount of happiness in the world smile.png

I've also had tunneling problems with a BAP. Surprising since I believe that it's supposed to be provincial. I did dry box and smoked slower, helped a little.

\

Hmm. Well, then I'll dry box one of them for Friday night and will report back. They didn't seem overly humidified at all (and al my other sticks seem to be fine), but it's certainly worth a shot.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

I loved the Grand Edmundos that I've smoked. I have three boxes but have only smoked two so far. Everything I liked about the PE but much longer smoke. Lots of chocolate flavor, very different in a good way from the RASS, PSD4 and Hoyo EE that I like.

I find the GE's to be nothing like the regular Edmundo and Petit Edmundo. Similar in name, but an EL blend for sure. In my view, EL cigars are their own separate category and don't necessarily represent the Marca on the label one bit. That being said I love the GE and own many boxes. Cheers!

it was a simple question - tone down the relativism fellas! it might get offensive lol.

Flavours are one thing, each to his own of course, but i note that no one is coming out to say these are extraordinary or complex cigars. also noted: follows the standard E.L. flavour profile, and how some really enjoy it.

(just by the by, i don't really smoke many noncubans but i had a Drew estate Undercrown the other day which had a surprisingly similar profile to many ELs - chocolatey etc)

Construction is another, sounds like quite a few people have had construction issues, a bit disappointing for a cigar like this wouldn't you say?

I'm a fan of the MEs and MPEs...I agree with the other post that the MGE does not taste like the ME at all IMHO. That being said I think the Sublimes have ruined all Monte ELs for me, as none of the other Monte ELs I've smoked come close to being as good. I haven't smoked the M520 yet, but I suspect it will be the same old story.

I'm a fan of the MEs and MPEs...I agree with the other post that the MGE does not taste like the ME at all IMHO. That being said I think the Sublimes have ruined all Monte ELs for me, as none of the other Monte ELs I've smoked come close to being as good. I haven't smoked the M520 yet, but I suspect it will be the same old story.

Come back to me after the 520.