Havana LCDH

Hi Everyone,

I am off with the wife to Varadero on Sunday for eight days. Planning a day or two in Havana. With all the folks who just returned, any advice on the best LCDH to hit up in Havana or some must sees? Any advice/tips would be most appreciated and feel free to shoot me a PM if you prefer that method.

Thanks Everyone.

The only two I've been to (in October) were the one in the Habana Libre Hotel and the one at 5th & 16th. Both were very nice, very well stocked, and had very helpful friendly employees.

If you want to see the one at the Habana Libre, I have a video posted on Youtube. Go there and put "stogieluver" in the search box and it will be the second, shorter video.

Conde de Villanueva is right in Habana Vieja, where you will probably be at some point during your stay in Havana. Selection is good and they sell singles if you're looking to try something before buying a box.

5th and 16th is a bit out of the way for some tourists, but it has a classic cigar lounge vibe to it and is worth seeing IMO. The humidor layout is odd, but it is well stocked. They wouldn't sell me any singles in March.

a day or two is a bit tight but you can still visit a great deal of LCDHs. I would suggest you to set a target of what you'd like to see/buy, for instance my last trip i was looking for some aged/customs cigars, so I went on too look for the ones with famous rollers or stores with a vintage section. Let us know what your expectations are so we can point you to the right direction.

Here' are a few of my recommendations

Conde Villanueva in Habana Vieja - cigar lounge with character, ok selection, gigantic customs are a sight to see

Habana Libre + Hotel Nacional in Vedado - good selection in walk-in humi, mostly new regular production stuff, both hotels are close to each other

5th and 16th - Carlos Robaina's there

Melia Habana - they have a vintage cabinet in their walk-in humidor, you never know what they'll put in there, good luck

Hotel Commodoro - go for Santo's customs, I find a nice melon flavor in the young robustos, yummy

Club Habana - go for the monsdale customs

Thanks guys for the great tips, much appreciated! It's my first trip to Cuba so still trying to get the lay of the land and plan things accordingly. Definitely on the look out for some rare or aged items that I cannot find from my usual suppliers. Your suggestions will definitely help me narrow down my travels within the limited time I have there. Again, really appreciate all the help guys.

Hi Everyone,

I am off with the wife to Varadero on Sunday for eight days. Planning a day or two in Havana. With all the folks who just returned, any advice on the best LCDH to hit up in Havana or some must sees? Any advice/tips would be most appreciated and feel free to shoot me a PM if you prefer that method.

Thanks Everyone.

Sorry, no.

There are no cigars left in Havana. Just reservations that I wanted to be set aside for next year's trip.

Nothing to see here. Move along people....

;):P

It's my first trip to Cuba so still trying to get the lay of the land and plan things accordingly.

Some general advice on Cuba and planning: you will find in Cuba that plans are always subject to change. Be prepared for your plans to go out the window for reasons completely out of your control. Keep that in mind while you are there, go with the flow, and you should have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from a great week in Cuba and wanted to say thanks again to everyone who provided some tips, they were most useful!

Here is what found its way home with me. Everything except the 48's was from the Melia Cohiba:

Box of Mag 48's EL

2 boxes Montecristo 520

Box of Bolivar CE

Box of Party 898V

Box of Cohiba Lanceros

5 tins of HU Half Corona

Thanks again everyone and have a great day.

Back from a great week in Cuba and wanted to say thanks again to everyone who provided some tips, they were most useful!

Here is what found its way home with me. Everything except the 48's was from the Melia Cohiba:

Box of Mag 48's EL

2 boxes Montecristo 520

Box of Bolivar CE

Box of Party 898V

Box of Cohiba Lanceros

5 tins of HU Half Corona

Thanks again everyone and have a great day.

What's the box date on the Boli CE's?

Wow! Nice haul. Got any updated prices to share with us?

Thanks Shlomo. Here are the prices for what I got. Seems like there is a mix of updated and old pricing still on the shelves. All the Cohiba I saw had definitely been updated to reflect the new pricing. Do not hesitate to shoot me a PM if you want any other info.

Montecristo 520 - 140 CUC

Bolivar CE - 127.50 CUC

Partagas 898 - 190 CUC

Cohiba Lancero - 397.50 CUC

H. Upmann HC - 17.50 CUC per tin