LFTH "the possible funeral"

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've purchased a few boxes :innocent: through the LITH and LFTH 'events'. Even if they are no more the daily/weekly sales that have occurred have been phenomenal :thumbsup: The main thing I really liked about the LFTH is being able to see the sticks before purchasing and especially the box date.

Essentially there can be no tobacco company-made packaging on display anymore.

-Boxes have to be covered in plain green paper with a plain white stick on saying what is inside

-Big health warnings on top fo the green paper

-Bands removed/replaced with plain green paper

-no pictures of cigars/tobacco on websites

-no positive descriptions about any tobacco product anywhere

-no displays in stores anymore, everything has to be behind shutters

(I think that's the gist of it)

Plain_packaging.jpg

art-353-7-20cigarettes-300x0.jpg

Plain_packaging.jpg

tob5.jpg

Wtf. That is the most pitiful solution to a problem that is none of their business. I suppose this will travel to the US now. Are there old posts that explain the direct impacts to FOH ? I tried a search but couldn't find much. Maybe it's best to let sleeping dogs lye....or lie

I think the motions are in place to put it in most western countries. The only study that I'm aware of was I think in Finland maybe? It showed that smoking increased especially in teenagers lol.

There rules only effect purchases within Australia at the moment I think, and not international orders as far as I know. I'm sure Rob et all will fill you in via email on the details etc if you want : )

I would be willing to do a LFTH without pictures. maybe a slide show on youtube that could be viewed a couple of hours prior. But to be honest I trust the opinion of the people at czar more than my own judgement from a picture.

Couldn't agree more. The Govt here isn't making many friends with these ridiculous laws. I've got heaps of non-smoker mates who think it's a joke.

I'm backing Rob and Co. to win this battle. Brains over bureaucracy I say.

Picture the movie 300 currently. Both parties positioned, move and counter-move and the Govt with all the assets (troops) bar one, spirit.

I hope it doesn't end up the same way biggrin.png

Brilliant rob. Perfectly put. Fight until the end even when you know your probably gunna lose.

Brilliant rob. Perfectly put. Fight until the end even when you know your probably gunna lose.

I don't intend to lose. Boxing yourself in to a defensive position has never been my style. Outflank, spread their resources, open up channels they never considered.

I think it was the first Punic war (Cartha V Rome) that ran for 23 years. That is about as much time as I can envision having left! rotfl.gif

I don't intend to lose. Boxing yourself in to a defensive position has never been my style. Outflank, spread their resources, open up channels they never considered.

I think it was the first Punic war (Cartha V Rome) that ran for 23 years. That is about as much time as I can envision having left! rotfl.gif

Lol. Well I agree as did the Spartans with what your plan is. Hopefully there's no insiders who will turn on us and then have the gov flank us!!!!!

Yup, that's about right. Twenty-three years....

About enough time for my son's first credit cards to get maxed out here, buying Daddy some make-up-gifts, when I have to bail him out of jail with his Mom not knowing.... :pod: