Tallinn, Estonia.

Put simply, a great place to enjoy a smoke or two.

There is a well stocked LCDH just off the main square, with a few interesting selections available.

I had a rather bloom covered HDM Double corona..from 05...luscious.

Also luscious was the beautiful lady who worked there, and very nice and friendly she was too.

I resisted the urge to sit and smoke in their rather nice smoking lounge, and gaze longingly at her, so we headed off to a bar called Chicagos (cheesy name, I know) but a great smoking lounge upstairs, all airconned, and couple with beer at about £1.50 a pint.....

There are also plenty of other smoking bars around the city that I have not tried, no doubt staffed with equally gorgeous women.

Tallinn is a great place to smoke cigars.

Glad to hear you liked smoking friendly Tallinn and my nearest and most visited LCDH. Mmmmm...those ladies, YES! :thumbsup:

• 5 years later...

Was in Tallinn about a week ago so I figured I'd share some of my experiences. There seem to have been a shift in Europe towards more NCs, which is unfortunate, and Estonia is no different. I visited two places in the old town of Tallinn; the Oak Lounge and Sigari Maja ('cigar house').

Starting with the less good.. I walked into Sigari Maja in the middle of a weekday and was greeted by two employees (first in Estonian, then in English). I asked if I could check out the humidor (walk-in of decent size) and walked towards it when the guy stopped me and said "Well, are you going to buy any cigars?". I said that it depends on what they have to which he replied that "This is a shop, not a museum". I was rather shocked, and in hindsight I should probably just have left then and there. Regardless, a lot of different NCs, rather small selection of fresh-to-three year old CCs as well as the most recent LEs. Picked up a VR Famosos with a couple years on it, turned out to have some bad tunnels in it. The lounge is spectacular looking, I can imagine that at night this would be a great place to go if you could bring your own smokes (I assume you cannot). Drink selection pretty decent too. First impression awful, however, I won't return.

The Oak Lounge is on a side street from the main square. Smaller lounge but also very nice. Downstairs in the cellar is a walk-in. Smaller than Sigari Maja but significantly better selection of CCs. Quite a few LEs to choose from, not just the more recent ones (Ingenios e t c), and plenty of stuff with 5+ years on it. Found some Fundys from 2010 among other things. Even managed to snag a few of both ERdM Baltico REs in here. Fantastic selection of whiskies and the service (at least at night) was amazing, classy but cozy atmosphere. First stop when I return.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, encephalization said:

Was in Tallinn about a week ago so I figured I'd share some of my experiences. There seem to have been a shift in Europe towards more NCs, which is unfortunate, and Estonia is no different. I visited two places in the old town of Tallinn; the Oak Lounge and Sigari Maja ('cigar house').

Starting with the less good.. I walked into Sigari Maja in the middle of a weekday and was greeted by two employees (first in Estonian, then in English). I asked if I could check out the humidor (walk-in of decent size) and walked towards it when the guy stopped me and said "Well, are you going to buy any cigars?". I said that it depends on what they have to which he replied that "This is a shop, not a museum". I was rather shocked, and in hindsight I should probably just have left then and there. Regardless, a lot of different NCs, rather small selection of fresh-to-three year old CCs as well as the most recent LEs. Picked up a VR Famosos with a couple years on it, turned out to have some bad tunnels in it. The lounge is spectacular looking, I can imagine that at night this would be a great place to go if you could bring your own smokes (I assume you cannot). Drink selection pretty decent too. First impression awful, however, I won't return.

The Oak Lounge is on a side street from the main square. Smaller lounge but also very nice. Downstairs in the cellar is a walk-in. Smaller than Sigari Maja but significantly better selection of CCs. Quite a few LEs to choose from, not just the more recent ones (Ingenios e t c), and plenty of stuff with 5+ years on it. Found some Fundys from 2010 among other things. Even managed to snag a few of both ERdM Baltico REs in here. Fantastic selection of whiskies and the service (at least at night) was amazing, classy but cozy atmosphere. First stop when I return.

Thanks for the tip on Oak Lounge. I´ll check it out next time I´m working in Tallinn. :2thumbs:

• 1 year later...
On 9/22/2017 at 7:52 AM, encephalization said:

Wow - what a small world, was just scrolling through here and looked to see if I had replied to this thread. 

Ive been to Tallinn a few times, and the Oak Lounge is a favorite spot. IMO the service and selection are better than Sigari Maja, however - the damp musty cellar seems to add its own bit of flavor to the cigars, IMO. 

Thats not the small world part - however, I am from Arkansas as well, and routinely travel over the Sweden and the Baltic. 

If you are still active on here, drop me a PM! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I'm headed to Tallinn soon, any other recommendations on where to shop and have a smoke?  Particularly looking for older vintage stuff.