stunning fly fishing clip

Ken Gargett

that is a cracker. makes me want to grab a rod. but if that appeals, imagine dry flies when wading up a river sight fishing. does it get better?

Need to come over to Montana (MT) Ken - fishing the spring creeks around Dillon, MT. Know a couple of guides there who love to smoke a good cuban - catching 26" brown trout on spring creeks on #22 PMDs.

Need to come over to Montana (MT) Ken - fishing the spring creeks around Dillon, MT. Know a couple of guides there who love to smoke a good cuban - catching 26" brown trout on spring creeks on #22 PMDs.

would love to. have a good mate with a place on the snake river, i think. very keen to have a crack at that as well.

i'm always fascinated that americans talk about their trout in inches and not pounds. i've caught some very long trout that are not in great nick (we call them slabs or snakes) and would not weigh (nor would they fight) anything like some others - shorter but fatter and in great condition.

would love to. have a good mate with a place on the snake river, i think. very keen to have a crack at that as well.

i'm always fascinated that americans talk about their trout in inches and not pounds. i've caught some very long trout that are not in great nick (we call them slabs or snakes) and would not weigh (nor would they fight) anything like some others - shorter but fatter and in great condition.

Probably because most of our fishing regulations here have min or max size limits in inches so more people carry tape measures than scales hence why we judge fish that way.

Most trout streams in the US don't produce a great deal of large fish. That's why we usually size fish in inches and not pounds. In my region, anything over 14" is a good trout. Anything over 18" is a really good fish. I would love to be able to catch some 3-5 pound browns on dries.

Most trout streams in the US don't produce a great deal of large fish. That's why we usually size fish in inches and not pounds. In my region, anything over 14" is a good trout. Anything over 18" is a really good fish. I would love to be able to catch some 3-5 pound browns on dries.

n ot that i am ever comfortable in giving the kiwis a plug but you really should try and give new zealand a crack. north part of the south island, and most of the rest, anything under 5lbs is good fun but nothing to get too excited about. 5 to 8 is a very good fish, 8 to 10 is really serious and over 10 is the trophy fish. i've got 5-6 over 9 lbs but never managed to land one over ten. missed a few and have had at least three right on the bank ready to be netted when disaster, of varying sorts, has struck.

rob might be right. perhaps i should try church.