State of ORIGIN Cigar Dinner Invitation

what are you - a closet blue? get better photos. where is the king!!!!

to give our overseas members an idea, imagine if the only games of football all year was a three match series between the glorious redskins and the hated cowboys - winner take all, but the cowboys had all america from which to draft and the redskins had about two colleges. and then imagine that half the cowboy supporters were iraq insurgents who were trying to outlaw beer and cigars.

» what are you - a closet blue? get better photos. where is the king!!!!

» to give our overseas members an idea, imagine if the only games of

» football all year was a three match series between the glorious redskins

» and the hated cowboys - winner take all, but the cowboys had all america

» from which to draft and the redskins had about two colleges. and then

» imagine that half the cowboy supporters were iraq insurgents who were

» trying to outlaw beer and cigars.

That would be a "fell of a hucking" mess!!! :surprised:

Tampa

» what are you - a closet blue? get better photos. where is the king!!!!

» to give our overseas members an idea, imagine if the only games of

» football all year was a three match series between the glorious redskins

» and the hated cowboys

HEY HEY HEY!!!

Mr. Gargett, I have the utmost respect for your oenophilic and vitolic musings, but where on earth did you get the idea that the Cowboys are universally hated? Bite thy tongue sir before I am forced to pull out the gloves and slap you about the beak!

If as per your hypothetical the ‘boys had all of America to draft from, it would only make sense in as much as they are America’s team! Nigh on God’s team I tell you… do you think it coincidence that there are so many stars in the heavens AND on the field when the Cowboys take to the gridiron!?

As for the sniveling smegmatic Foreskins, have you checked their record against the Cowboys over the last 10 years? Shameful, absolutely shameful!

granted the last decade has not been the most glorious in skins history but...

i worked in DC for a year a lifetime ago (think rypien and the last skins bowl) so i am well steeped in the rivalry. no personal offence meant, of course, but on this side of the pond, little sleep will be lost should the cowboys never trouble the scorers again. with joe gibbs back, it is only a matter of time before sense is restored to the world. meanwhile, and with the greatest respect, the cowboys shall remain america's version of the waratahs.

Well, I got the email and the address.

"Lisa’s own PL8 Restaurant Eildon Rd Windsor."

Erm.....any chance of a city? Or even a State?

I can't STAND the way Australia just puts the suburb! I mean where's Windsor?!:-)

» Well, I got the email and the address.

»

» "Lisa’s own PL8 Restaurant Eildon Rd Windsor."

»

» Erm.....any chance of a city? Or even a State?

»

» I can't STAND the way Australia just puts the suburb! I mean where's

» Windsor?!:-)

im guessing there talking brisbane

» Well, I got the email and the address.

»

» "Lisa’s own PL8 Restaurant Eildon Rd Windsor."

»

» Erm.....any chance of a city? Or even a State?

»

» I can't STAND the way Australia just puts the suburb! I mean where's

» Windsor?!:-)

NNW Sydney :-P

What pedantic prattle :lol2:

Yes Windsor, Brisbane. Hop on a plane as we are only 10 minutes from the airport ;-)

Don't give that league/Union nonsense as it now appears every future Wallaby back will come from League.

..I am a Union man as well. Just amazed at the ineptitude and shortsightedness of the ARU.

yes, anyone wanting to see the next waratahs back line should front up and watch the maroons. (and when i say go bulls, i do not, at this time, mean the queensland cricketers).

whether you are a rugby or leaguie matters not, if the rumours are correct about the quality of cigars that el pres is putting on for us. go rob.

Ken, after rereading my last post, I sound terribly boorish. Please pardon my ill manners; dinner on me at The Palm next time your in town.

You mean Windsor wasn’t where Charles was shaggin’ Camilla?

And… I may just be an out of touch Yank, but don’t the All Blacks rule the rugby world down under?:confused:

Keep us posted on the SoG!

Cheers,

Rob

to be honest, most queenslanders wouldn't be caught dead in windsor so forgive you for that.

i know you have had a hard life. a cowboys fan forced to live in maryland - i know that from sept on it would be nothing but skins, skins, skins. and for that crack about some long forgotten wannabe mob of sheep botherers (i was at the world cup semi and never has life been quite as enjoyable - how do you get a champagne cork back in the bottle? ask an all black), you deserve it! i look forward to dinner.

»

» Don't give that league/Union nonsense as it now appears every future

» Wallaby back will come from League.

we all know backs are soft el presidente the real men are in the fowards:-D

• 3 years later...

Well we are around the corner from Australia’s largest sporting extravaganza …State of Origin No 1. For overseas members this is our Rugby League version of the American civil war where we proud Queenslanders (Rebs) take on the might of the silver tailed New South Welshmen in a three game series every year.

The hatred between the teams stems from the days when the New South Wales cockroaches would buy all our states best players…. and then send them out to play us.

The tide has turned and we have decided to view the first game in style with a STATE of ORIGIN cigar dinner with a difference:

Enjoy the game with a 5pm start. Glorious Food Continually Rolled Out, Big Screen TV, Cigar Friendly, Gorgeous and Friendly Drink Waitresses, Cash Bar.

State of Origin can be a boisterous environment so we will make it a male only domain for the night. For further details (we need to be discreet), contact myself [email protected]

image46.jpg

image47.jpg

image48.jpg