so liverpool, plummeting lower than our PM's popularity, snagged 50 mill pounds for selling torres, managed to keep the 35 mill they spent on andy carroll off the books somehow (would it not have made more sense just to give it to charity?), and still lost 90 mill pounds. what are they, greek?

i know man c lost 200 mill but at least they bought a premiership and it is only a round of drinks for the owner.

smithy, any thoughts?

Yes

18 Titles, 7 FA Cups, 5 European Cups and 3 UEFA Cups

Enough said.

and i'm old enough to remember the skins winning the superbowl (and just may be, some of our southern members are old enough to remember nsw winning state of origin) but it doesn't make me feel any better about years of crap.

as for the non-appearance in champions, it has certainly meant that money did not come in, but i doubt that you could include it in your actual losses. otherwise my tax return would read - income, bugger all. losses $70 mill from not winning lotto.

Smithy whilst I'm not a Reds fan, you are willing to take this from an Arsenal fan? When did they last win the European Cup, when did they last win... well anything?

Re the financial losses _ yes interesting accounting no doubt influenced by FIFA/UEFA's recent regulations.

Smithy whilst I'm not a Reds fan, you are willing to take this from an Arsenal fan? When did they last win the European Cup, when did they last win... well anything?

Re the financial losses _ yes interesting accounting no doubt influenced by FIFA/UEFA's recent regulations.

I think most accountants would have kittens if faced with the finances of the entire premier league.

It's certainly not a business with a plan...