How to repair a badly broken cigar

This is how I revived a broken cigar using arabic gum and a lot of patience. Thanks to Sebastien from the Montreal Cigar Club to have put me on this glue. Turns out the cigar smoked like a champ and there was no problem with the wrapper, all the way untill the nub. An excellent cigar by the way, a COH Custom rolled Sublimes.

Well done See-Mon... Thank You for that fine forensic analysis!! I need to try this, not sure this Churchill can be saved, but I think its worth a try.. (For the record I bought this at Blatter & Blatter when I was up there)

BTW, Beard is looking sharp dude!! :thumbsup:

post-8534-0-87190100-1336824160.jpg

Ouch that a badly broken wrapper. You should give it a try, its either you try or toss it.

Thanks Steve, I alternate with the beard on and off depending how lazy I get with shaving lol

Slick video Simon. :ok: I've repaired a stick or two in the past,but they didn't come out half as nice.

It smoked like a champ afterwards, this is the 3rd I do that is that beat up(2 for a friend) and I am getting quite good at this!

Great Vid! I've got some pectin powder to make my own glue, and I have been meaning to fix a couple of mine that were cracked in transit, now I am motivated to get around to it.

Great Vid! I've got some pectin powder to make my own glue, and I have been meaning to fix a couple of mine that were cracked in transit, now I am motivated to get around to it.

Thats also another valid option, I used arabic gum its like 7,99$ at arts and craft store already mixed!

Good luck David

Mate that vid was excellent!

Some uk vendors actually sell this glue called "torcedor" which is actually for repairing cigars. I might give it a try.

Well done

Thanks Steve!

That stuff is usually expensive, Arabic gum from arts and crafts store is usually same price but you get 4 times the amount.

Wish I had logged on yesterday, before I dropped a PL Montecarlo. It managed to smoke somewhat ok but could have benefited from time in ER. Thanks for the tip and demonstration Strada.

And like others have pointed out - great production quality with the vid. Jazz was a nice touch.

Wish I had logged on yesterday, before I dropped a PL Montecarlo. It managed to smoke somewhat ok but could have benefited from time in ER. Thanks for the tip and demonstration Strada.

And like others have pointed out - great production quality with the vid. Jazz was a nice touch.

Charles Mingus-Hatian Fight Song is a great song, youtube wont let me upload it with it sooo Vimeo for the win

well done and thanks for the sharing, I definitely will try and find some of that glue to use n any sticks that have misshapes

When you come down to Montreal Ill hook you up with some Nick