Wine Cooler

iGrizz

Looking to convert a Wine Cooler into a humidor. I am looking for something in the 16-20 bottle range and under $150. I found one I am very interested in and would like some opinions on.

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#browse/Wine%2C%20Beer%20%26%20Beverage%20Chillers/aHR0cDovL3d3dy53YWxtYXJ0LmNvbS9icm93c2UvQXBwbGlhbmNlcy9XaW5lLUJlZXItQmV2ZXJhZ2UtQ2hpbGxlcnMvXy9OLTkxNGNaYXE5MFphcWNlL05lLTJwNGk%2FaWM9NDhfMCZyZWY9MTI1ODc0LjQyMTM1NiZ0YWJfdmFsdWU9QWxsJmNhdE5hdklkPTkwNTQ4JnBvdmlkPWNhdDkwNTQ4LWVudjE5ODUyOS1tb2R1bGVBMDYyOTExLWxMaW5rTEhOOVdpbmVCZWVyX0JldmVyYWdlQ2hpbGxlcnM%3A

If anyone has suggestions on other Wine Coolers in this price/size I would love to here them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Danby 12-Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler looks like the best one there at Walmart, it's 99.00 it's wide too which I find better to fix my boxes, the longer wine cooler sometimes need internal fans to circulate the air since its taller IMO.

I will have it on. My house during the summer stays around 75-80 degrees and I have trouble keeping my sticks under 70. Also I am running out of room so this is a cheaper option than buying a bigger humidor.

How many boxes do you reckon I can fit in that Danby 12 bottle Wine Cooler?

My wine cooler is almost around the same demotions as that Danby 12 and I can find around 3 box's of 25 normal(monte 2's shape) size 1 25 box (siglo series square box) and 2 box's of 10 counts and that as at the max. But..........if you have money to get something bigger do it your going to run out of room fast with a 12 count wine cooler, but if you think around 6-7 box's are enough then I guess you should be fine (6-7 box's isn't big enought - build my wine cooler humidor 2 months ago and its already packed).

Thanks for the input. I think I will go take a look at a few this weekend and size them up. I could probably get 10 boxes into that Danby. If not I will look for something bigger because the last thing I or anyone wants is to run out of room. :o

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

(If you are going after pure asthetics disregard this). Save some money wasted on it being a "wine cooler". And insure you have plenty of room and efficiently. Get a cheap full size single door fridge or freezer $200 @ Costco or Walmart, spend $50 on a Johnson Commercial Control, $100 for a refer tech to install the control, and spend the same amount you would on beads, humidification wood shelves ect. You won't run out of room , it will last forever and it will be efficient and very cost effective to operate.