HSA using aged tobacco in regular production?

I was watching Ajay's new video on youtube,

, and about 2/3 of the way through he sits down and smokes the Boli RE with some people from HSA (I think). The woman, and the man, both mentioned that HSA is now using aged tobacco. I did not catch if they are doing this for all regular production, or if they are only doing it for the EL, ER, and other 'special' production. This really interests me though and could also explain why some people have been finding that young, new production, is all (for the most part) smoking exceptionally well without any age. I'm sure most of us would agree that if HSA was only using aged tobacco across all brands for all production the quality of the cigars ROTT would be phenomenal!

She is a director from the HSA from what a friend told me. HSA has had a few bumper crops in the last 5 years and been hit with so much stock they are putting aged tobacco in reg production to use it. Heresay so far but it makes sense.

I thought all production CC's were made with 2/yr aged tobacco starting from about 2007. Can't remember where I heard this but I would like to know if it's true.

As usual, quoting Trevor's site...

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/info-production.htm#The_Growing_Cycle

In the warehouse, the leaf is stored to age. From 2006, Habanos has increased the minimum aging time as follows:

•Fillers..........Ligero - 3 years

•Fillers..........Seco - 2 years

•Fillers..........Volado - 1 year

•Binders........Generally - 1 year

•Wrappers.....Generally - 1 year

•Wrappers.....Limited Editions - 2 years

•Wrappers.....Cohiba Maduro - 5 years

In the warehouse, the leaf is stored to age. From 2006, Habanos has increased the minimum aging time as follows:

Fillers..........Ligero - 3 years

Fillers..........Seco - 2 years

Fillers..........Volado - 1 year

Binders........Generally - 1 year

Wrappers.....Generally - 1 year

Wrappers.....Limited Editions - 2 years

Wrappers.....Cohiba Maduro - 5 years

I imagine it's an easy thing to do, increasing the minimum aging time, when your sales are way down!

This is nice to hear. Absolutely.

But, I've been lamenting more on construction and inconcsistency as of late. Buying it non-aged I can deal with- just sit on them and keep buying more boxes. But, plugged, very tight, or Forrest Gump boxes I'm having a hard time tolerating.

I imagine it's an easy thing to do, increasing the minimum aging time, when your sales are way down!

oh, but don't worry, prices will continue upward...

Perhaps we're paying for the increased storage requirements due to slumped sales...