Fingers crossed for our U.S. Midwest brothers and sisters....

This has been making headline news since Friday morning here even. Fingers crossed for our Midwestern U.S. brothers and sisters in the affected areas:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/04/15/us-tornadoes-storms.html?cmp=rss

The most worrying aspect of these weekend storms was this little tidbit:

"The Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., which specializes in tornado forecasting, had warned of a "high-end, life-threatening event" nearly two days before the bad weather hit. It was just the second time in U.S. history that the center issued a high-risk warning more than 24 hours in advance. The first was in April 2006, when nearly 100 tornadoes tore across the southeastern U.S., killing a dozen people and damaging more than 1,000 homes in Tennessee."

There's been over 100 tornadoes reported and/or spotted by first thing this morning, with more to come today and into tonight/tomorrow. It'll even be stretching up into the Great Lakes area here into Canada later on this afternoon.

Fingers crossed, ladies and gents. Best wishes for all of you down there.

It got pretty rough here in Iowa yesterday afternoon. We had a tremendous amount of rain and high wind where I live, but luckily no deaths or property damage in my area. Further south in the state got hit by a tornado that badly damaged several towns and a hospital in the area. They ended up having to evacuate the hospital. Here's hoping that was the end of it, but they are predicting more possibly this afternoon.

In northern Kentucky yesterday I was parked outside ready to go to my job when a sudden rain torrent came on hard. That was about 1:30pm. Then as suddenly as it came it went away. I suppose the weather elements said, "Oh- we've already hammered you guys! On to other territories!" Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri have been on the news most of the day here and all prayers are with those states now. Questions coming from some folks wondering about planetary alignments for this century possibly having to do with these weather patterns/anamolies, etc. :confused: Not a meteorologist and not an astronomer so I'm not able to say. However, very many minds keep seeking answers to many of world events now. It is 2012. And December fast approaches :lookaround::covereyes::lifepreserver:

....However, very many minds keep seeking answers to many of world events now. It is 2012. And December fast approaches :lookaround::covereyes::lifepreserver:

Thankfully / hopefully, I'll get my badge and gun before that all starts. You crazy lot can stay the hell away from my bomb shelter / natural-gas generator / water-purification system / food stores / collection of Jessica Biel posters..... :lookaround:

when a sudden rain torrent came on hard. That was about 1:30pm. Then as suddenly as it came it went away.

eh... when you live where i live you get use to it... i've been in rain storms where you can be in the rain, take a step, and not be in the rain anymore.

I guess some high winds made a few houses collapse outside of town. a house's garage looked like a giant sat on it! a small town (more like a village) in iowa, about a half hour from where i live, got hit by a tornado. they say it is 90% destroyed.

nebraska college football "spring game" was cancelled. it is just practice, but they planned on 60,000 people to be there.... ouch

game 2 between nebraska and ohio state was postponed until sunday, so Nebraska had to beat them twice today... sweet

I've lived in Kansas most of my life, in what they like to call "Tornado Alley", the zone that comes up from Texas, Oklahoma and through the midwest. It's a fact of life around here and you get pretty immune to all the warnings until it happens really close by. Then we all pitch in, rebuild and start over.

I've also lived in California. Went through a 7.0 earthquake. Earthquakes scare the cr@p out of me. But several months ago, Oklahoma had some "small" earthquakes. I actually felt them in the upstairs of my house when we started shaking.

I'll take tornado alley over earthquakes any day. At least I can hide in the basement from a tornado.