Cohiba Humidor by Raul Valladares

Hi

an auction celebrated March 1-st 2012 to commemorate the second anniversary of the Casa del Habano at the Habana Libre hotel in Havana.

A beautiful piece of art by the Cuban artist Raul Valladares, a Cohiba humidor shaped like a cigar press, was up for bidding and the suspense was high as was the attention by press and tv crews.

http://www.esculturasvalladares.com/obras.php?id=2〈=en

After a lengthy cigar session the bidding started and in the end the successful bid was placed by Jimmy Ng from Singapore.

We celebrated in a small private group afterwards at El Templete.

Nino

See : http://www.flyingcigar.de/travel_cigars/2012_04_cuba_jimmys_humidor.php

for more pics.

post-4742-0-41476400-1334181191.jpg

Simply gorgeous. Thanks for posting Niño and congrats to Jimmy on his fine acquisition.

Simply gorgeous. Thanks for posting Niño and congrats to Jimmy on his fine acquisition.

Thanks thechenboy ... change the settings on your ipad/iphone ....:-) :confused::confused:

Gorgeous! Also, first time I've seen a cigar pipe. Fascinating. Does it work well? Benefits?

Wilkey

First time I/we saw it - the guy was very happy with it and he clearly enjoyed his cigar.

And might it affect flavor?

Guess not - after all, he was NOT a pipe smoker but a certified participant of the Habanos Festival.

Again, he was very happy smoking the cigar in his self-designed pipe and while I took the pics my friend Jimmy had a talk with him about the pipe, he seemed convinced - I could'nt hear the details,

Thanks thechenboy ... change the settings on your ipad/iphone ....:-) :confused::confused:

My wife messing with me again I'm afraid...

My wife messing with me again I'm afraid...

Ok, good excuse :thumbsup: , will let it pass, but helping you out here :

The iphone/ipad/ipod text system has some kind of feature that automatically converts Nino into ... Niño :thumbsdwn:

Now easy to remember: Nino is the Cigar catastrophe ... - Niño is the Climate catastrophe, I happen to be the first catastrophe :2thumbs:

Cheers

Nino