it just does not get better than this...

play like absolute garbage against your most hated enemy for 80 minutes. the match that matters more than any other (line ball with the final, i guess). and then, despite not looking like scoring a try for the entire game, to come up with a 70 metre hail mary freak try after nsw had the chance to kick the ball out and win the game and didn't. how good is that!! and to do it in sydney as well.

NEVER IN DOUIBT!

to put it in context for our american friends, it is the equivalent of the glorious redskins ( = queensland reds) playing the hated cowgirls ( = nsw or 'voldemort's team') in dallas and playing like utter crap all game. not looking like scoring a touchdown. then on the last play of the game, romo tries to go down on his knee to run out the clock but fumbles and a skin runs the length for the touchdown.

but even better.

to put it in context for our american friends, it is the equivalent of the glorious redskins ( = queensland reds) playing the hated cowgirls ( = nsw or 'voldemort's team') in dallas and playing like utter crap all game. not looking like scoring a touchdown. then on the last play of the game, romo tries to go down on his knee to run out the clock but fumbles and a skin runs the length for the touchdown.

but even better.

Thanks for the translation!

YOu should have some good celebrations coming again soon enough, I'd think Arsenal are always going to be safe under Arsene's stewardship. Never replacing Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Gilberto, Keown, Campell and Viera is never going to do any team any good, never mind who is in charge.

He only needs three or four experienced players and an on the pitch leader and they will be back to the top four, the youngsters like Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain, Ramsey etc are a great core for the future. Just a few players need to be let go, you know those who would struggle to get into a Leeds team :thumbsup:

YOu should have some good celebrations coming again soon enough, I'd think Arsenal are always going to be safe under Arsene's stewardship. Never replacing Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Gilberto, Keown, Campell and Viera is never going to do any team any good, never mind who is in charge.

He only needs three or four experienced players and an on the pitch leader and they will be back to the top four, the youngsters like Wilshere, Oxlade Chamberlain, Ramsey etc are a great core for the future. Just a few players need to be let go, you know those who would struggle to get into a Leeds team :thumbsup:

yes, some great names there. toss in fabregas, nasri and a few more.

what they desperately need is that on field leader. they are a bit rudderless.

yes, some great names there. toss in fabregas, nasri and a few more.

what they desperately need is that on field leader. they are a bit rudderless.

They have been spoilt with captains, Adams then Keown then Viera then Henry. They have probably had their fill of giants on the pitch, I think Wilshere will be a great leader as long as his injury issues don't become a regular thing. Watching him outpass xavi and iniesta in the champions league first leg last year was amazing.

That Mertezecker (sp) I think will come good too, he's young and it must be a shock to get dumped right in the thick of it after playing in Germany and a steal at £7m. He's twice the player of David Luis at Chelsea and he cost what, £32.5 million lol?

The future is bright as long as they can steady the ship like you said for a year or two :perfect10:

mertesacker is 28? so a couple of good years you'd hope.

my feeling is actually much more dismal. they have a tough run in and i can't see them pinching 4th from chelsea. that means no champions next year. that means much harder to attract good players but far more important, more difficult to keep your own top players.

very hard to see van p wanting to stay if no prospect of champions.

I think he's only around 24, and Vermalen is a top class defender, just those injuries keep piling up on him.

I agree 4th could be difficult with the Blue Moon's rising of late but to be fair, they have been in the champion's league for a decade and haven't attracted any big stars or kept any of their big stars in all that time. I remember back in'02 rumours about Trezeguet joining but the big names have never materialised, and whenever a club comes in for players they have been happy to let them go: Reyes, Hleb, Fabregas, Nasri, Cole, Toure, Flamini etc..

If they didn't attract or keep top player while in the CL they must be reasonably stable, I think their play style attracts younger players but again it's just that backbone they need to turn the promise they have into trophies.

At the very least you don't have to worry about mercenaries turning up just for the money and have Tevez situations :tantrum: