Vacation Cigars

I know I'm not alone on this. Do you spend an inordinate amount of time planning and packing your cigars for vacation? My wife thinks I do.

Do you overpack or bring just enough? For me it depends on the destination, and whether or not I'll be able to buy some "souvenirs" while there. On vacation I usually enjoy several cigars each day, so I'm always sure to plan appropriately!

You can't over pack your cigars :) On my last trip I brought 8 cigars and only had time to smoke 1. Sad trip, but I always bring more than I need just in case I feel like sharing. Have a great trip!

very true.. you can never have too many lol. and it is always nice to share smokes and have a session.

I'm with Aaron, there is no such thing as over packing cigars for vacation. The fate of the entire trip can be made or broken by which cigars and how many you bring. It takes weeks of planning, spreadsheets, power points, online training, physical testing, mental strengthening, sometimes lawyers even need to get involved. The fate of any trip lies on the shoulders of how you picked and planned out your cigars.

(It's OK, my wife makes fun of me too)

I'm with Aaron, there is no such thing as over packing cigars for vacation. The fate of the entire trip can be made or broken by which cigars and how many you bring. It takes weeks of planning, spreadsheets, power points, online training, physical testing, mental strengthening, sometimes lawyers even need to get involved. The fate of any trip lies on the shoulders of how you picked and planned out your cigars.

(It's OK, my wife makes fun of me too)

LMAO :rotfl:

I've learned not to over think it. For a typical vacation for me, I'll bring an assortment of about ten, knowing I'll probably

only smoke a couple. Or if visiting where there will be smoking friends, knowing I'll be leaving what does not get smoked while

I'm there.

I spend more time picking and packing my cigars than i do for my clothes, Like Aaron, I tend to bring more than what i'll actually need or smoke....nothing worst than going on vacation and not having enough cigars to enjoy it.

I spend more time picking and packing my cigars than i do for my clothes, Like Aaron, I tend to bring more than what i'll actually need or smoke....nothing worst than going on vacation and not having enough cigars to enjoy it.

+ 1 on this. That said, going away for a week long vacation, it only takes me about 10 minutes to pack my various clothes and whatnot, about 10 more to pack my toilettries and whatnot, and then about 15-20 to figure out the 20 or so cigars I'll take (I have one of those larger 24-count/22-count Cigar Caddy cases, so the number available works out perfect, as well as the size is more than manageable).

Even with the time alotment, I try not to overthink it. I just bring a good variety - the Cigar Caddy helps with that, as it has three different foam trays in it, two 8-count foam trays for robusto/corona/piramide sized cigars, and then one 6-count foam tray for churchill/dalia/lancero sized cigars. So, the variety works.

I never let my travel humi get empty - keep refilling it almost daily, so there isn't much to pack when I go on a trip.

I never let mine get down, either; I just open it and let it rest on a shelf in the humi when I get home from a herf/vacation.

I always fill my 15ct with varied sizes & strengths, and go. this time, to Cuba, I have NO idea what to bring. I don't buy singles but who knows if a 5-pk should appear as a bargain and I'd want room for it? Other than that I'm bringing a few special smokes which the ambiance can only help :thumbsup:

I always pack way too many cigars. Last trip I packed 10 and after my wife bought me one, I bought one and A BotL gave me one, I smoked a few and still came home with 10. It's nice to have a good selection though. Next trip I know I'll do the same thing.