What to smoke first?

I have a small dilemma. I have built up a reasonable stock of RASS as it's probably my favourite smoke, everyone always goes on about how they need about 5 years to come good so my plan was to implement a kind of rolling stock. Something has disruped this little plan though!

The box I am currently smoking is from SEP 08 and it's alright, not bad by any means but not rocking my world. Now a little while ago I bought an HQ JUL 11 box from Rob & co, normally I won't crack open a box of anything until it has at least a year on it but these guys looked so good I had to try one. It was amazing! Straight into tangy fruit and cocoa, thick oily smoke, leather and wood coming in later on. It was only right at the end of the stick that it's lack of age started to show.

That leaves me stuck between these two options, which would you choose?

Option 1) The 11s are great now so think how good they will be in the future. Lock them away and continue smoking through your stock in chronological order, when you finally get back to them you will be rewarded!

Option 2) Hell, these 11s are great now so why wait? They may never be this good again and it will give the 08s a few more months to possibly improve.

I'm in the same boat. I recently got a box of RASS from 2011, and they looked so good, I couldn't refuse. You are 100% right, it wasn't until the very end that you could taste the "greeness" to it.

Hoping that can be solved in a short time period of sitting!!!

If its good now smoke it. That's what I do with every new box I receive. I let the rest a couple of weeks then smoke one to see where they are. If they are good rott ill be smoking them now. If I feel they need time I let them sleep for 6 months and try another. You only live once as others have mentioned so if the 11s are to your liking more than the 08s then smoke the 11s and let the 08s sleep longer

Definitely smoke the '11s. If you like, take five out of the box and sock them away so you can see how they age and smoke the other 20, well...I guess its 19 now. Save the '08s and age them a bit longer to see if they develop.

There's no sense in smoking a cigar that is off its game when better smokes await in the hear and now.