Bolivar corona extra fakes:s

Kapsimalis

Hi everyone I received a box of bolivar corona extras 25 dress box and at first glance a touch nervous cuz the habanos sticker at the top right of the box is about an inch inwards. In other words its still on the 45 angle but the edges of the sticker fit the lid of the box and not hanging over the edges. (I didn't have to cut it to open the box, just the government seal.). The second reason ok believe they are fake is the cedar sheet between the layer of cigars. The top right corner of the cedar sheet is cut strait at a 45 degree angle instead of the circular cut shape. Now the really weird part is that the cigars smell spot on. Haven't smoked one yet though. Also their is a great difference in ring gauges between cigars. But I've heard that's of the norm. Thanks for listening and please comment if you can guide me.

Welcome to the forum!

It's Cuba... all of the items you described have been known to happen with genuine cigars as well.

Is it a newer box that has the seal with the barcode already? You can check that barcode for authenticity at the habanos website (but even that is no 100% guarantee).

The best way to know is to smoke one and if it tastes like a BCE, voila!

Good luck!

Thank you very much. And shhh i see I also forgot to mention that the date code underneath the box has a hyphen between the month and year. Anyways I have several boxes of cigars and none have any signs of concern but these bce's. So naturally you can understand my concern. :)

Ps it's a 2010 box so it has the hologram and the barcode but customs ripped the barcode off this box for security reasons or some bullshit. Icalled customs when I saw it ripped off and apparently they do that from time to time... Whatever

That most likely was your vendor that removed the barcode - grey market vendors do that so the product cannot be traced to the distributor that wasn't supposed to sell outside their territory to this grey market vendor...

Hyphens are perfectly normal.

Buy from the Czar in the future and you won't ever have to worry about getting fakes again!

I got lucky I found this box of bce's cuz they r gone forever now... Bullshit. But anyway my other 2010 boxes have that habanos chevron go over the edges. Example my grand edmundos, Cuaba divinos etc. I'd love to upload pictures but I can't from my iPod. I use my iPod by the way lol. So has anyone ever had a box where the cedar divider has a strait cut as opposed to a rounded cut at the corner?

I got lucky I found this box of bce's cuz they r gone forever now... Bullshit. But anyway my other 2010 boxes have that habanos chevron go over the edges. Example my grand edmundos, Cuaba divinos etc. I'd love to upload pictures but I can't from my iPod. I use my iPod by the way lol. So has anyone ever had a box where the cedar divider has a strait cut as opposed to a rounded cut at the corner?

Yup. Also seen a few with no cut at all... Cuban quality control.

...So has anyone ever had a box where the cedar divider has a strait cut as opposed to a rounded cut at the corner?

Yes, a box of Bolivar Bonitas -97 for example. They have been excellent cigars and certainly genuine Bolivars.

Never heard about or seen a chevron like you described though.

First of all, welcome to the forum! Second of all, profanity is not permitted here on the forum, sir. As for your concerns, I have 2 boxes of Partagas shorts dated Feb.11, and the chevron does not extend over the box lid. Also, the cedar dividers in both are 45 degree angle cut instead of the traditional half moon. If they smell like they should and look good, you are fine. I know my boxes are fine, they came from the best vendor in the business! :yes: