question on some trinidad fundadores

pearcea1

So I ordered a box from a vendor that was highly trusted. I have gotten boxes from them before and have always been happy with them but when this box came in a few things jumped out at me.

They cut the tracking # off which they don't usally do.

IMG_0057.jpg

The habanos sticker is very short and cut at angle at the top instead of being square.

IMG_0059.jpg

It is also much thiner than it should be. I used a czar box verified by habanos sa for the reference.

IMG_0061.jpg

The bottom just looks off. The letters are smaller and seem to be not very clean, top box again is czar box

IMG_0067.jpg

I have tracked boxes sent by this vendor before they always came up good. I don't know whats up with this box if its just a cuba being cuba thing or if its a bad box. If you guys have any input I would love to hear it.

they're legit. If you look on CCW, you will see that the new chevron is like this.

stickcopia%5B1%5D.jpg

Edit - i can't find that seal on the CC website now, but i got the same seal on a few recent boxes including 2011 Secretos from the Czar (so you know they're legit), and some monte 4s - and wondered too. Upon looking it up on CCW - this seal i've linked was there.

Maybe Trevor and the Prez can chime in on this Chevron

tTcgi.jpg

They look fake to me.

I bought a box from a so called reputble source. The presentation wasnt too bad but they were horrible and bland.

If you believe they are fake,they probably are. The vendor most likely has a satisfaction guarantee and if you`re not happy with them you can return them, It`s an easy process.

Contact yor credit card company and dispute the transaction on the basis that you believe they are fake It`s an easy process, just keep all your receipt emails etc.

Named source removed

They look fake to me.

I bought a box from a so called reputble source. The presentation wasnt too bad but they were horrible and bland.

If you believe they are fake,they probably are. The vendor most likely has a satisfaction guarantee and if you`re not happy with them you can return them, It`s an easy process.

Contact yor credit card company and dispute the transaction on the basis that you believe they are fake It`s an easy process, just keep all your receipt emails etc.

Named source removed

Bad advice!

If you want the vendor to honor their satisfaction guarantee, contact them and discuss it and do NOT just initiate a chargeback with your credit card company! Aside from the fact that it may not be the wisest thing to tell your US-based credit card company that the contraband cigars that you just illegally ordered overseas were fake, the vendor's standing with the credit card company will be dinged with any chargebacks and that will not help their willingness to make right on the deal...

I don't know what sources you have dealt with but there is an easy solution: Buy from the Czar!

• 2 weeks later...

Bad advice!

If you want the vendor to honor their satisfaction guarantee, contact them and discuss it and do NOT just initiate a chargeback with your credit card company! Aside from the fact that it may not be the wisest thing to tell your US-based credit card company that the contraband cigars that you just illegally ordered overseas were fake, the vendor's standing with the credit card company will be dinged with any chargebacks and that will not help their willingness to make right on the deal...

I don't know what sources you have dealt with but there is an easy solution: Buy from the Czar!

Yes Lotus, Obviously you try to sort it out with the Vendor first, however they will offer all the excuses and guarantees in the book. I have even had them call me up on my mobile from Europe to guarantee the fake cigars they sent me were genuine. You are assuming that the purchaser lives in the United States?

Finally there are a couple of soureces in Australia where you can be guaranteed good quality, Czars is one, Havana House is another.

That is the new chevron for 2011

But the box is from 2010.

I've actually encountered the same thing with the removal of the serial number in some boxes I purchased through a local vendor. Others had the complete seal and the numbers checked out when I traced them. The ones that didn't have it showed no other indication they were fakes. Everything else was spot on. But, I'm just as curious as to know why the numbers were cut off. I recently remember reading that a possible reason could be, so the box couldn't be traced back to the original vendor, knowing the cigars were being sold somewhere they shouldn't ... ;)