I NEED HELP visually determining real or fake!

brazoseagle

Ok here is the backstory:

A friend of a guy I know (who I don't know either at all personally) wants to get rid (sell) his stash due to health reasons. He's not selling them cheap, but he is giving me a good deal on them. He started out asking almost the exact retail price for all the sticks. So natualy I'm hesitant and cautious. I have been hounding him with questions. He sent me these pics for me to check out. At first look they seem to appear legit, but I would like some more unbiased eyes to check them out. I've seen my share if fakes, but am in no way a veteran at this issue. He's got some Partagas sticks that arn't in the pics.

I need to make a decision fast so any help or feedback from my brothers would really help.

post-8544-0-48131300-1317615185.jpg

post-8544-0-77513700-1317615187.jpg

post-8544-0-73259700-1317615186.jpg

pics are a little tough to get a detailed look. initially they look fine.

Yeah, the pics are bad, they are the pics he took I'm sure with his phone.

I might suggest pushing a bit to see where he purchased these. Not definitive, but can easily spot likely fakes if he got these "from a friend..."

Also, does he have the boxes? He shows a full box (or more) of the Behikes, so I would expect he has the box. That is unless they came in a bundle... gotta watch out for those bundles

I might suggest pushing a bit to see where he purchased these. Not definitive, but can easily spot likely fakes if he got these "from a friend..."

He told me he bought them overseas while traveling.

I have to say "who fakes Ramon Allones?'

They may or not be fake. Tough to tell from the pics. The wrapper colour and construction look sound on the behikes and monte 2s.

I have dark siglo VIs and light siglo VIs. The lighting in these pictures are quite bad.

Best thing to do is to see the boxes themselves. Ask for box codes too.

Get a high quality photo of the behikes and compare them to www.cubancigarwebsite or post them here.

Ask him where he bought them overseas. I would be concerned about the cigars. Does he has any bills from the purchases?

If you are at all concerned, walk away.

I'm just going to walk away, thanks guys I appreciate the input. He was cutting me a great deal though, but I guess it doesn't matter if they are fake. I've ever not bought my sticks from the czar, but the price on these were right, and who fakes a RASS?

They are the darkest Cohiba I have ever seen. More Maduro than the Cohiba Maduro 5.

In retrospect, I have seen one box of Cohiba Robsusto that dark in some 14 years in the trade so not out of the question. However I have looked at 1000's of Cohiba boxes to have seen that one.

I don't know about the RA's but what I can see from the first photo,

thoses Behikes don't look too good.

If I'm correct, the caps have a pigtail that goes around itself, the heads don't look good,also on the bands, the head is not right with no black outlineing the head of the Indien.

and the rest of the cigars are not clean and smooth looking.

ALSO, those Cohiba's, again on the first photo, really don't look good at all, the

wrappers don't look cuban plus I've never seen normal Cohibas THAT dark and ugly.

Of course, this is just my opinion.