Humidor pics

Whats up guys! Heres pics of my walk-in humidor I built in my house. Finished it back in March of this year with alot of blood, sweat and beers! Sorry for a few of pics being dark. I think the tone of the wood and LED lights were screwing with my camera LOL. Looking to see everyone else's humidor. Please share...

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=9764&do=view_album&album=86

Very nice job Brandon! What type of wood did you use for the shelves and wall? what are the dimensions? Do you have any construction pics, how did you seal the room? What are you using for climate control?.....

Details man, details! lol... Once again it looks great and cant wait to hear more about it. Maybe I can pick up a few ideas or pointers, mines been under construction for 3+ years.:frown: You have come to the right place to fill up that bad boy, thats for sure!!!

looks fantastic, please post details and any thoughts on what if anything you would do differently next time and why.

Very nice job Brandon! What type of wood did you use for the shelves and wall? what are the dimensions? Do you have any construction pics, how did you seal the room? What are you using for climate control?.....

Details man, details! lol... Once again it looks great and cant wait to hear more about it. Maybe I can pick up a few ideas or pointers, mines been under construction for 3+ years.:frown: You have come to the right place to fill up that bad boy, thats for sure!!!

Mike, all the wood is Spanish Cedar. On the walls are 8'x8' sheets of spanish cedar. Crown molding and base boards are spanish cedar. Shelves are all 3/4" x 10" 4/4grade spanish cedar(only the best). The cubby holes are 3/4" x 8" 4/4 grade spanish cedar. The dimension of the humidor is a modest 5' x 7' with an 8' ceiling. Sorry man, i accidently deleted the construction pics. The room is sealed up with sheetrock. Gaps are all caulked and the sheetrock was covered with 4mil vapor barrier(same crap used under wood floors on raised houses). Im using a Bionaire humidifier(no mist). It keeps the room at a perfect 65-67% RH. Feel free to ask me any questions. Ill be more than happy to help you finish yours

Nice!!!

Is that a walk-in closet you converted?

Nice!!! Did you convert a room or did you purpose build it with your house?

It was actually a wet bar that i converted into the humidor. My kitchen is plenty big enough to serve as a bar. Figured it would serve me more purpose as a walk-in humidor hahahaha

Looks nicer than what I imagined,when you told me last week. Great job.

Hey Mr. Nick! Your more than welcome to store your cubans in there. No promise a few wont walk away here and there LOL We need to do another day of cigar smoking

Thanks to everyone else for the kind comments. When I was building it my plan was not to beable to fill it up. Everytime I go in there, I want that bad boy filled from floor to ceiling LOL

brandon real nice man, what do you do for temp control

So far the temp isnt to bad. It will range from 72-76 degrees F. I figured if the temp. got to high for my liking, id install an extra fan in there to help out the humidifier but the humidifier seems to keeping up just fine.

That's a magnificently obvious labor of love. Wow. Just.Wow!

Given where you're from, do you anticipate the humidity of the Deep South to present you with any issues?

That's a magnificently obvious labor of love. Wow. Just.Wow!

Given where you're from, do you anticipate the humidity of the Deep South to present you with any issues?

Being that I finished it in March, this is the first time im seeing how its doing with the summer heat. The good thing is, its in the middle of my house. None of the walls are exterior walls. The attic is what dictates the temp. and humidity changes of the humidor. What I see so far is in the hotter months, the humidifier is running multiple times during the day. In the cooler months, the humidifier will run about once a day. This also depends on how many times I open the door. As of yet, no issues. Just have to keep an eye on the water since im refilling it more often.

Hey Mr. Nick! Your more than welcome to store your cubans in there. No promise a few wont walk away here and there LOL We need to do another day of cigar smoking

Brandon,

I may have to do that running out of room LOL. Let me know when you want to get together by PM.