Another hot ´n´ sticky day in Havana

El Presidente

Another hot ´n´ sticky day in Havana by Punch Joe

Yes, it´s one of those days when you don´t want to go out for anything other than a splash in a pool or going to the beach and stay in the water as long as you can. It´s absolutely hot this week. Can´t imagine August.

The only practical solution to Cuban heat is finding the right place under the shade to have some beverages such as iced beers, chilly juices, cold water, any booze on the rocks or soft drinks. The drinking process should last until the heat sensation goes away. It could take some time. But here´s a tip if you want to get rid of that burn sensation from the inside in a short time.

Get some Frappe ice and prepare yourself a Cocktail. Could be a Daiquirí or a Cuba Libre, but I am very fond of Mojitos. Speaking of which, I would like to show you one of the presents I brought from Spain last April: It´s a bottle of Don Mojito. First time I noticed this was on Facebook and seeing one of my friends there, took me by surprise. The El Rey del Mojito project is run by Mr. René Díaz Molina, a former colleague of mine at the University of Havana who I met again in Madrid a couple of months ago. He ended up living in Spain for the last 12 years and he came across with the idea of bottling the traditional recipe of the mojito cocktail in an attempt to make our lives easier at home when we have friends over. So I thought it was the right time for trying and let my friend know about it.

post-4-1309295468.jpg

It’s the classic -shake and serve- chill drink. Ices cubes, a lemon slice and the mint leaf to be added in a tall cocktail glass. Then pour the content of the bottle previously shook, stir up and the world will smile at you. The Mojito drink is sound and flavorsome and it’s ready in less than 10 secs. It´s very refreshing; I must say that refreshing effect is achieved faster than when drinking beer.

A recently rolled BHK 52 soon joined to the party. Sorry, not my intention to brag about the BHK smoking but I was running out of fresh young cigars so I had to lay my hands on the cherished ones. The BHK 52 – Girth 52 (20,64 mm) and 119mm in the length. Factory name: Laguito No 4. – is my fave of all three. It was made to be enjoyed at anytime. I don´t know if it lies on the girth but I can feel the blend better than the others although the proportion should be the same. Well balanced, finely rolled, lovely smoke, tasty, with great character and that unique flavour of Cuban tobacco that makes it really impossible to forget. The inclusion of Medio tiempo is crucial to the blend, delivering peppery and roasted coffee notes, intense flavor and amazing aroma. What a great cigar! It made such a very good combination with the Mojito that I decided to finish up the bottle today so I move out of the shade, looked for my tanning lotion and eyeglasses, and laid my body to rest, cigar in mouth and Mojito on my hand…or vice-versa.

Good news Don Mojito is coming up soon to the US and it will most likely found in Florida in the coming months. It contains 13.5 Alcohol degrees but if you want an empowered Mojito, just add more Havana club to the mix (I did it!). Your call…just beware of the Mojito overdose. Cheers!

Contact: http://www.elreydelmojito.com/don_mojito_embotellado.html

post-4-1309295547.jpg

post-4-1309295586.jpg

post-4-1309295624.jpg

Jose we have such prepared stuff in Italy by Bacardi.

It's really an easy way to make your own, with adjustments :-))

post-1436-1309331489.jpeg

wow, we need this in Aus. (wipes drool from keyboard)

Thanks for posting Jose :P

Hit your local Dan Murphy's. We sell Urban Thirst Mojito mix:

366816_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569834766198.jpg

And also 2 Vodka Mojito RTDs (Ready To Drink) ; VnC (NZ brand) and Smirnoff:

358080_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569833739173.jpg

339090_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569832056118.jpg

And if you really need it, a Vok 2L Lime Mojito cask RTD:

376695_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569834666618.jpg