Around Italy

I just got back from Italy, and I thought I might share a few of places I went that I thought had pretty solid smokes. I personally tried to smoke the country's entire supply of Monte No. 4s while I was there. I had never had one before despite their popularity, but they ended up my go to smoke. If this is redundant info, I'll just say it is an update :-p

Florence - on the northwestern side of the Piazza della Repubblica there was a pretty good smoke shop. Good service, and all the smokes I got there burned well. I originally found them on the Habanos S.A. site.

Capri - Big surprise here. There was a Ferrari gift store that had a small walk up humidor. I am always skeptical about such setups, but the Siglo II I bought there was so pleasant that I went back and bought a pack of Monte 4s. No one there knew a thing about what was actually in the case, but they apparently knew how to maintain the environment pretty well.

Rome - I've seen Fincato next to Colonna di Marco Aurelio mentioned before with mixed reviews. The second floor has La Casa Del Habano humidor. I had a great experience there. Considering I was sweaty and relatively haggard looking after spending all day at the Vatican Museum in shorts and a t-shirt (not to mention I kind of look like a bouncer at a Motorhead concert to begin with), the guy upstairs couldn't have been any more pleasant. He answered my questions, took me seriously, didn't feed me any B.S., and made no attempt to up-sale me on sticks. I thought it was a cool store myself and wish I could have spent more time there.

Hope this may be of some help to anyone hitting the Big Boot in the future.

I second that. I love going to Italy. I need to find a way to move there. :D I didn't get to the LCDH in Rome but found a few decent B&M's around town. I even bought a five pack of Toscano's. Haven't fired one up yet though.

The trip was fantastic! Thanks for asking.

I traveled as a program assistant for the study abroad that my college at the University of Florida does. It definitely wasn't the hardest way to earn a pay check for a month.

Italy is an amazing place; I'd love to find a job there when I finish my doctorate.

Thanks for sharing the info. I know I'd love to get to Italy one day, time permitting. My parents love visiting Florence and do so almost every year.