Tarks' baby is back

headstand

Congratulations Tarks - the Jets are back (at least I hope they call the team the Jets). I'm just wondering what celebratory cigar you will be distributing to your fellow Canadian FOH members, 'cause you know, we are all quite happy for you and your city. That is until the 2011-2012 season starts... May I suggest a robusto? :hole:

It should be a great boost for the city of Winnipeg. As for the name "jets", the story is that it was originally a name that was chosen as an early owner of the Winnipeg team from the WHL who was close friends with the owner of the New York Jets NFL team. I believe they have already come out and said the name will not be the Jets.

How about the Winnipeg Mosquitos! Is it not the official provincial bird of Manitoba?

I used to travel to Winnipeg twice a month for work. I've gone mostly in the winter, which sucks bad. The few times I did go during the Summer I managed to avoid their mosquito plagues out of sheer luck. Usually mosquitos zero in on me pretty quickly. I did see a few dead one's laying around here and there and man are they big! I'd say 1.5 cm long on average.

I used to talk to folks there about losing the Jets. Oddly enough a lot of them were indifferent and said that was the shared sentiment amongst fans. Tickets got too expensive, the on ice product wasn't that great so they shied away from going to games. I hope the fans support them better this time around. Then again, I'd be happy if the NHL went back to original six too.

From what I've heard, it won't even be winnipeg, it will be the manitoba polar bears or something to that effect. They want to make it a provincial thing to attract more people. I'm very happy that a team is coming back to canada, next step is to move phoenix to quebec city or hamilton.

I second headstand's suggestion of a robusto as a celebratory cigar for fellow canadian foh'ers

I would reccomend a Bolivar Simones RE Canada.

Or a nice canadian RE pyramides, Bolivar B-2 RE canada

I would reccomend a Bolivar Simones RE Canada.

Yes, I would accept a Simones. Have not had one so am eager to try them. What are they most like in the Bolivar marca?

As for the team name: the Winnipeg Poo Bears has a nice ring to it. :(