Bolivar Petit Corona

Colt45

Singles, no codes.

Construction: Very good, nice and uniform

Wrapper: Very nice light brown. Smooth with the slightest bit of tooth. No real sheen.

Draw: Used the punch - great draw, with great smoke volume. I think I'm going back

to the punch for all parejos.

Taste: Started out with a bit of the sweet and sour spice, but gave way quickly to

wood and mixed nuts. Dryish and stayed this way throughout. About a third of

way in there was a slight honey sweetness, but this went away fairly quickly,

and did not return.

At about mid point the power really kicked in, and I believe if this one was

over smoked, you'd need to sit down for a while after. All in all, a main flavor

profile of nuts, with wood in the near background. I enjoyed it, and am curious

to find out if and/or how these will change with age. 87

Nice review and cigar. I have not had much luck in aging these as they all get put to the torch. I need to get another cab and put a few of these back and see how they do.

The Boli PC and CE are part of my steady diet of about three of four a week.

One of my favorites.

I am currently smoking through a box of 98's that are off the hook, and would rate them much higher, closer to a 91 or 92. I also have a box of 97's that will not be touched for a couple more years because I want to taste what a 10 year old aged Bolivar PC tastes like. I know myself well enough to know that if I crack the box open, it will never make the distance.

Excellent review :ok:

From the review the Boli PC cigars were 05 or late 04.

Make a mental note Colt to do a follow up review in March 06 I would be great to see the progresion over a compressed period of time.

Thanks for the input guys. It sounds (and tasted) like these are worth the wait.

Tampa, most of my "ratings" are probably a bit on the low side - I don't have a large base to compare to (ex: this was my first BPC). I'd like to leave some room to move.

So though they are somewhat arbitrary, for me they are a starting point. I've thought about not giving ratings at all, but want to follow the board guidelines as best as possible:-D

Rob, I'll definately give these (and a number of others) a try this coming spring.

Though I do have a warm weather vacation coming up.........

I also have a box of

» 97's that will not be touched for a couple more years because I want to

» taste what a 10 year old aged Bolivar PC tastes like.

Hey Tampa send me one and I'll tell you what an eight year old taste like.;-)

See if you just send one then the rest of the box will be safe cause I can't get to it. If you smoke one your right their gone.:-D

Man I love the Boli PC. I think they are, hands down, the best of the Boliver vitolas. I have a handful of Feb 03s left and haven't tried anything older. I'm mostly smoking 04s and 05s at this point. These are the my go-to smoke, at least 5 a week. I actually stopped buying anything Bolivar other that the PC because the rest don't live up to this one (yes, including the BBF!).

Had one (singles - no codes) tonight after having to work the weekend! What a bummer! (not the cigar)...

Anyway, the draw was a little tight but overall very pleasant... woody, nutty..I think..errrr...I need to pay more attention when i smoke these things! Hahaha .. but I loved the aroma!

Terribly relaxing.....

Cheers!

-Haz-

I've only tried a couple, but the worst cuban to date, terrible draw required a poker and had a flavor that I can only discribe as rotten meat. One was a single the other a #2 tubos. Cut it open and there were bright green areas on the filler, very wierd

» I've only tried a couple, but the worst cuban to date, terrible draw

» required a poker and had a flavor that I can only discribe as rotten meat.

That is the first bad report I've ever seen on this cigar. It is one of Cuba's best IMO. I smoke more of these than any other Cuban cigar.

» One was a single the other a #2 tubos. Cut it open and there were bright

» green areas on the filler, very wierd

Never had a bad BPC....they are great, powerful little 'gars in my book.

» One was a single the other a #2 tubos. Cut it open and there were bright

» green areas on the filler, very wierd

Them sons a ******* was fakes man. Gotta be.

I find these some of the most reliable Cubans out there. Flavor and draw ussually dependable. Sorry about your experience mate. Have Rob send you a free one and promise to buy a cab from him if you change your mind .

It's a good promo Rob.

Like I said guys, I've only tried a couple, and I agree the experience was a bit weird.sometimes you just get a dud. The second one was torched while the taste was fresh in my mind so it might have carried over. A bolivar corona torched a few day's later was a complete satisfation, my petit corona habit right now is buried knee deep in a cab of PLPC. As to the assurtion that they were fake, I doubt it, they were bought from a very reliable source ;-) who offered to replace the stick, couldn't bring myself to try another one. As the saying goes they just left a bad taste in my mouth. Just an opinion not gospel.

• 1 month later...

» Great Review... I personally would give these about a 90 though... It was a

» pleasure to smokes these with some of my good friends!!!

I had a May 05 on the way home from work today. It was excellent, as usual despite it's extreme youth. I have some Jan 03s that are not as good as this you stock. I'm pretty happy about that because I just cracked this 50 cab of 05s.

» Thanks for the input guys. It sounds (and tasted) like these are worth the

» wait.

» Tampa, most of my "ratings" are probably a bit on the low side - I don't

» have a large base to compare to (ex: this was my first BPC). I'd like to

» leave some room to move.

» So though they are somewhat arbitrary, for me they are a starting point.

» I've thought about not giving ratings at all, but want to follow the board

» guidelines as best as possible:-D

» Rob, I'll definately give these (and a number of others) a try this coming

» spring.

» Though I do have a warm weather vacation coming up.........

go for it, dude!

i got a box from rob that were fantastic and perfect for in between my kid's volleyball tornament games.

rick

» These are one of my go-to cigars. I've found them to be pretty consistent.

»

» I actually like them fresher...that way they still have the bright, fruity

» tanginess and spice that seems to have mellowed in some of the older ones.

Thanks for the review.

I never considered aging these - like my PCs fresh too I guess.

Just got a new cab, cause I burned the other one entirely. Had my first"off one" last night. I was shocked and did smoke the whole thing even though it was tight and green-strong. Just an abberation I expect.