Partagás Pirámide

Ghabanos

A good friend of mine gifted this stick to me. he noted that this stick is not a real Partagás, but a real cigar nonetheless and has flavors are in fact quite good. I haven't tried one yet, but thought that I would share the pics with those that might enjoy or appreciate it.

If I had another one, I may trade it to see what other think...

Still learning to pick out flavor profiles, but the scent it gives off is quite sweet.

Anyway, let's see if you guys have some comments.

Not sure if someone has posted stick before, apologies if this is a re-post of any kind...

Saw something similar for 2010, not the 2001 vintage...

post-8936-1303521038.jpg

post-8936-1303521091.jpg

post-8936-1303521124.jpg

If I recall correctly, we have a few members who've acquired fakes of this cigar who found them to taste quite good. But I guess the question is what do we

consider fake or illegitimate. A cigar can be made of Cuban tobacco but not be a true Habanos product, especially if an attempt is made to pass it off as such.

Hopefully your friend did not pay what a legitimate cigar would cost, and just enjoys them - though it is kind of a shame to see them with bands (and a suspect

EL band at that) with someone somwhere attempting to cash in.

It may be real. The Partagas LE pyramid was released in 2000, but I know a good amount were released later in the 2001 year, and had 2001 bands put on them. This happened for the LE R&J's as well.

I really have no idea. I thought that LE did not have the year, but ???

Question only. It looks like the letters in "Habana" run into each other. Shouldn't they be separted? Or is it just variability from Cuba?

Regardless, I hope it smokes well.

They started putting they year on the LE bands in 2001. If you google around, you'll see answers verifying this, and that the 2000 LE's had a 2001 production year.

The band on the 2000 release did not include a date. Subsequent years have the year below the "Edicion Limitada" text.

There was a delay in producing the actual 2001 LE's. The 2001 LE year cigars were not released until early to mid 2002, and they didn't make any 2002 LE's as a result. They then started the LE release again in 2003.

2000 Hoyo de Monterrey - Particulares

Montecristo - Robustos

Partagás - Pirámides

Romeo y Julieta - Exhibición No.2

2001 Cohiba - Piramides

Hoyo de Monterrey - Particulares

Montecristo - Double Corona

Partagás - Serie D No.3

Romeo y Julieta - Robustos

2003 Cohiba - Double Coronas

Hoyo de Monterrey - Piramide

Montecristo - Montecristo C

Partagás - Serie D No.2

Romeo y Julieta - Hermosos No.1

2004 Cohiba - Sublimes

Hoyo de Monterrey - Epicure Especial

Partagás - Serie D No.1

Romeo y Julieta - Hermosos No.2

*It looks at the tip like an old time Partagas Presidente`

If the foot was tapered the same way, I would have taken it for such...just minus the LE year 2nd band.

Please be careful with "facts"!

It is threads like this that turn into "chinese whispers" of sorts... and before we know it history will be re-written, rather then recorded, because people incorrectly assume that its the truth.

Partagas Piramide Edicion Limitadas DID NOT come out from Habanos with 2001 bands.

"Googling around" and finding a similar "fact" elsewhere does not make it true.

Never used the word 'fact' once. There is information out there that indicates 2000 LE's were released in 2001 with 2001 bands. I've never read anything that proves nor disproves this. I've had a few 2000's with 2001 bands on, and they were all great. Could be great fakes, or that my theory is correct from the digging around I did.

They started putting they year on the LE bands in 2001. If you google around, you'll see answers verifying this, and that the 2000 LE's had a 2001 production year.
Never used the word 'fact'

If you write something as you did in the first quote... and write it in the assured way as you did... then all of a sudden these statements run the risk of being read and repeated by others... and then all of a sudden it ends up where others will say as you did - "I googled it and found this site that said so".

The Internet is loaded with information that simply isn't true. Yes, there is lots of good info out there... but the sources are credible, researched and qualified. For example, check out the following: http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/inde...showtopic=53657

I read on the internet the other day that Australians all ride kangaroos and keep them as pets.

Please remember that this is the "suspect cigar forum" and that people will come here to check out for potential fakes and also add to their knowledge base...

Feel free to write what you want... but please qualify your statements... someone will read your statements in future and assume that because it was on FOH forum that it must be true.

Kind of like the other thread where you you wrote that all cigars made in the same factory are the same ... and that they way they assign the brand label that the cigar will adorn is based on how good the cigar looks.

No offense, but Ghabanos told us up front that this cigar was not legitimate. Some members here, with good reason, pointed out that it is unlikely

to be legitimate. This is a cigar that has been discussed here in the past - you seemed, to a degree, unwilling to believe what's been said here, yet

willing to believe what you've read elsewhere - what assures you about the linked reference?