PSD4's - some cigars missing their bands

Deodato

Just opened up a sealed box of PSD4's. The smokes look great, labels seem fine, everything checks out. EXCEPT, a bunch of sticks are missing labels.

Does this happen from time to time? Should alarm bells be ringing?

IMG_0274.jpg

Looks a bit suspicious to me. Especially since it seems that the blank sticks are on the bottom layer. Do the unbanded ones feel/smell/smoke any different than the banded ones? Do you have other PSD4's to compare against? At worst, there's some chicanery going on. At best they maybe ran out of bands at some point and spread them out. As in the post above...check Habanos.com to verify authenticity.

It is strange, but that said...it is Cuba we are talking abou there. Stranger things have happened, I'm sure.

It is strange, but that said...it is Cuba we are talking abou there. Stranger things have happened, I'm sure.

Taking a closer look, these sticks all look great and quite consistent with eachother. Think I'll relax and smoke 'em up.

Thanks for your help guys!

They key question is, do you trust your source? That should answer your question. One thing I have learned over the years is anything is possible in Cuba.