Cigar Band ?

Thanks Colt, that link sums up exactly what I have. A handwritten 352 in blue ink on a Hoyo de Monterrey double corona band. I took some pictures with my camera phone if I can figure out how to post them I will or I can email them if anyone is interested. Would be interested to hear if Rob ever got any information back from HSA?

post-7481-1296570335.jpg

post-7481-1296570370.jpg

Very well could be. Hopefully one of our subject matter experts on here can unlock the mystery. I'm confident in the legitimacy of my source <_< so I'm more interested in just figuring out if it means anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's relevance is only privy to the person who wrote it. It could be related to a count of some sort, how many more days until retirement or their high score counting bottles or beer on the wall.

Ever needed to write something down immediately, you grab a pen and the closest thing to you... Friday it happen to be my pay check <_<

I'm guessing it's nothing, just one of those things about a handmade product that is interesting. I'll keep an eye out on the rest of the bands from the box, but I only smoke the DC's once in awhile. From the past link it seems this has been seen from time to time, so I just wanted to see if anybody got to the bottom of it (if there is a bottom to get to!)

It is code

3rd September 2am

That is when the high speed boat leaves :)

I have now seen it quit a few times as well as on boxes which is pretty common. Likely simply how many he/she has banded. Or the first 3 telephone numbers of the hottie in sorting.

I noticed this on the band of one of the first CCs I ever smoked, and was immediately worried that it was a fake, and that someone had taken the band off and written on it. :cigar:

I have a feeling that winning a trip Down Under to meet the Prez and crew might be a little crazier than a trip to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. :peace:

More dangerous. Especially if it involves traveling to Ken's home... what with the camels and killer snakes and what not...