more fun in the wet!

spent yesterday cleaning mud off wine bottles at a storage place. back there 6am this morning. meanwhile, we had another really solid storm last night and more predicted tonight. late last night, i heard police sirens and then this morning, early, saw a couple of cop cars and a tv van in the area so knew something had happened. then my editor at the paper rang and told me.

this happened a hundred yards or so up my street. a bloke had to be rescued from the roof - apparently a close run thing. my creek back in full flood.

remember that this has nothing to do with the recent floods. this is all new fun!

post-9-1295489647.jpg

You all are in my thoughts!

A few years ago, I lived right next to a creek with very steep banks. We had a weeklong run of heavy rain, and the water was lapping over the lip of the bank. Between that and hearing boulders washing downstream, I decided I'd better pack up what was really important to me in case it looked like the house was going to come down. It was an interesting exercise deciding what was most important...

You all are in my thoughts!

A few years ago, I lived right next to a creek with very steep banks. We had a weeklong run of heavy rain, and the water was lapping over the lip of the bank. Between that and hearing boulders washing downstream, I decided I'd better pack up what was really important to me in case it looked like the house was going to come down. It was an interesting exercise deciding what was most important...

the other day when i had to bolt, grabbed the computer, passport and fly reels.

You have fine journalistic intincts.

Police, Fire Engine and Ambulance sirens 100m from your house and you didn't leave your chair until the editor called ;)

you are a moron who would have trouble reading 'walk/don't walk'.

i said i heard a police siren. late at night, who knew where it was. i never said it was my street - could more easily (as i hear more sound from across the paddock) been a nearby street.

and what? every time you hear a siren you run out to see what it is? what are you? the family pet? it was pouring. why would i go out to see if i could find a siren?

who the hell mentioned fire or ambulances? no wonder you have no trouble concocting whatever story you want from some ancient book, fiction or non-fiction depending on your point of view.

and what the hell happened to 'no derision'?

would that be the same couch you slept on when you were homeless in the floods?

oh, how sharper than a serpent's tooth....

No.....not that one because it has a slew of stuff underneath it.

Much appreciated by the way :D