Aussie Law

Hi All,

I found this quote from an Australian mayor refreshing. Keep in mind I have zero knowledge of his governing policies/record, but this statement struck me as spot on.

Cr Pisasale earlier today said: “If I find anybody looting in our city they will be used as flood markers."

Keep me posted if any of these flood markers show up! As and aside, I've read many more stories of strong character showing through than poor during these trying times from the Australian people. That's not always the case and I commend you all. Hang in there our thoughts are with you!

Hi All,

I found this quote from an Australian mayor refreshing. Keep in mind I have zero knowledge of his governing policies/record, but this statement struck me as spot on.

Cr Pisasale earlier today said: "If I find anybody looting in our city they will be used as flood markers."

Keep me posted if any of these flood markers show up! As and aside, I've read many more stories of strong character showing through than poor during these trying times from the Australian people. That's not always the case and I commend you all. Hang in there our thoughts are with you!

he rings a vague bell though not in any positive sebse but then what politician does. that may be unfair.

i disagree with him. use them as anchors.

one interesting case where a few guys have been arrested for looting as they were out grabbing whatever boats they could get that had been swept free and gone down river - and there were lots. they seemed to think they were doing nothing wrong. by any standards, it is a grubby act but surely any half decent lawyer will be claiming salvage?

he rings a vague bell though not in any positive sebse but then what politician does. that may be unfair.

i disagree with him. use them as anchors.

one interesting case where a few guys have been arrested for looting as they were out grabbing whatever boats they could get that had been swept free and gone down river - and there were lots. they seemed to think they were doing nothing wrong. by any standards, it is a grubby act but surely any half decent lawyer will be claiming salvage?

Actually Ken, Paul Pisasale is a good guy. You would like him.

Actually Ken, Paul Pisasale is a good guy. You would like him.

more than likely - it is my natural distrust of any politician that came to the fore. apologies.

can anyone explain to me why our foreign minister is wandering around in his galoshes jumping in front every camera and mike as a self-appointed flood expert?

Cr Pisasale earlier today said: “If I find anybody looting in our city they will be used as flood markers."

It's refreshing to hear people in power laying down the their deck of cards before the shenanigans start. If it stops one person from not looting it's done it's job.

Bravo Sir, Bravo! :perfect10::clap:

How are the stranded getting fresh water and food?

Think any are looting to get food?

no, not at all. plenty of support centres and waters now receding. purely grubby lowlifes and greed.

for that, i have absolutely no hesitation in saying that there is a good use for all those guns, though if i ran the place, the rule would be that the first ten shots didn't kill them.

more than likely - it is my natural distrust of any politician that came to the fore. apologies.

can anyone explain to me why our foreign minister is wandering around in his galoshes jumping in front every camera and mike as a self-appointed flood expert?

Kevin Rudd is a stubborn stain that is hard to remove.

He was the most embarrassing Pm in Australian history and now he is an ineffective self serving attention seeking tragic who continues to embarrass this country on the world stage.

He is not fit to be flotsam in our river.

Wash him away with the mud.