Favourite 2 News Stories of the week.

:cigar:

The good news for investigators covering the November shooting of a 53-year-old man in Fort Bend County, Texas, is that there were several witnesses who helped an artist sketch the shooter's face. The bad news was that the shooter was wearing a full-face "Halloween" mask the whole time. Nonetheless, the sketch of a man's head, with the face fully covered by the indistinct mask, was distributed to the media by the Fort Bend Sheriff's Office. [Houston Chronicle, 11-23-10]

Glenn Crawley, 55, who describes himself as a "man of the water," flipped his catamaran off the coast of Newquay, England, in September for the 13th time and had to be rescued, running the costs of attending to his miscues to the equivalent of nearly $50,000. Although officials have pleaded with him to give up sailing (terming him "Captain Calamity"), Crawley said: "I do what no one else is doing. So I'd appreciate it if people would get off my case and give me some support." [Daily Telegraph, 9-29-10]

:huh:

The good news for investigators covering the November shooting of a 53-year-old man in Fort Bend County, Texas, is that there were several witnesses who helped an artist sketch the shooter's face. The bad news was that the shooter was wearing a full-face "Halloween" mask the whole time. Nonetheless, the sketch of a man's head, with the face fully covered by the indistinct mask, was distributed to the media by the Fort Bend Sheriff's Office. [Houston Chronicle, 11-23-10]

Glenn Crawley, 55, who describes himself as a "man of the water," flipped his catamaran off the coast of Newquay, England, in September for the 13th time and had to be rescued, running the costs of attending to his miscues to the equivalent of nearly $50,000. Although officials have pleaded with him to give up sailing (terming him "Captain Calamity"), Crawley said: "I do what no one else is doing. So I'd appreciate it if people would get off my case and give me some support." [Daily Telegraph, 9-29-10]

on a serious note, the solo sailors who go heading off into dangerous waters clearly unprepared and then expect other mnations to spend squillions saving them are unbelievably irresponsible. they should be sued for the costs. and those that do it a second time - and ridiculously, there are way too many of them - should be left to their fate.

That last guy sounds like a real piece of work!

That last guy sounds like a real piece of work!

Every now and then we hear of his latest attempt at suicide by drowning.

he should be left to prove Darwins theory of natural selection,the only shame being that at the age of 53,he probably has had children :huh:

Interestingly enough, this story popped up a few days ago:

MULLINS, SC (WMBF) – An 18-year-old Mullins man has been arrested and was charged with indecent exposure by Mullins Police and Marion County Gang Unit members on New Year's Eve after an officer found him naked in his vehicle.

Chief Ken Davis, spokesman for the Mullins Police Department, said Jayshure Lashane Hannah was arrested just before midnight New Year's Eve after an officer found a suspicious vehicle in an alley next to a city-owned building. Upon investigation, the officer found Hannah naked inside.

He was ordered out of the vehicle after putting on his clothes.

As Hannah exited, the officer found what they thought was the butt of a handgun in a bag beneath Hannah's feet. Upon further investigation, the item was confirmed to be a handgun with an obliterated serial number.

According to officials, the gun was loaded and a round was chambered, meaning it was ready to fire.

A rubber Halloween mask and several rounds of ammunition were also recovered from the bag.

Hannah has been charged with indecent exposure, unlawful carrying of a pistol and possession of a handgun with an obliterated serial number. Davis said additional charges were possible.

Pic of mask: post-5810-1294565901.jpg

Interestingly enough, this story popped up a few days ago:

MULLINS, SC (WMBF) – An 18-year-old Mullins man has been arrested and was charged with indecent exposure by Mullins Police and Marion County Gang Unit members on New Year's Eve after an officer found him naked in his vehicle.

Chief Ken Davis, spokesman for the Mullins Police Department, said Jayshure Lashane Hannah was arrested just before midnight New Year's Eve after an officer found a suspicious vehicle in an alley next to a city-owned building. Upon investigation, the officer found Hannah naked inside.

He was ordered out of the vehicle after putting on his clothes.

As Hannah exited, the officer found what they thought was the butt of a handgun in a bag beneath Hannah's feet. Upon further investigation, the item was confirmed to be a handgun with an obliterated serial number.

According to officials, the gun was loaded and a round was chambered, meaning it was ready to fire.

A rubber Halloween mask and several rounds of ammunition were also recovered from the bag.

Hannah has been charged with indecent exposure, unlawful carrying of a pistol and possession of a handgun with an obliterated serial number. Davis said additional charges were possible.

Pic of mask: post-5810-1294565901.jpg

Hopefully they can match up the ballistics.

Also agree with Ken's point about suing for recovery of costs and in addition I think they should forfeit their boat for a minimum term depending on the stupidity of their actions.

This isn't what you'd call a favourite news item for the week,but it's one that made me lift my head from whatever and curse the stupidity of humanity.

fishy

Possibly as stupid as the previous two,but in a different way,and with a nice suit and a business plan.

This isn't what you'd call a favourite news item for the week,but it's one that made me lift my head from whatever and curse the stupidity of humanity.

fishy

Possibly as stupid as the previous two,but in a different way,and with a nice suit and a business plan.

Just had some for dinner last night. Yum...