Going to Bangkok for work

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Somewhere where i can smoke indoors.

asked a mate who has lived there for years -

yes there's two or three good ones - pricey though. One at All Seasons PLace behind the Conrad Hotel - shop and lounge, an excellent one at the Oriental Hotel - shop and (I think) lounge. Good cigar store (not sure about lounge) at the Dusit Thani Hotel and shop and lounge in the basement floor of the Grand Hyatt Errawan hotel.

Aiz, I am from Bangkok. There are four or five place that you can purchase cigars and those are belong to PCC Thailand except the one at Dusit Thani Hotel.

The best place to smoke inside are Cigar lounge at The Intercontinental Bangkok and Cohiba Divan at The Grand Hyatt Erawan. But for me I preferred to herf at Aqua bar which is open air garden in The Four Season Hotel Bangkok. Those three places are in walking distance and located in down town Bangkok so you can try all of them. Anyway let me know when you come then let's herf at Aqua Bar. My e-mail is in my profile.

One thing, I don't recommend you to purchase cigars here which is pricey.

Kittipong

Aiz, I am from Bangkok. There are four or five place that you can purchase cigars and those are belong to PCC Thailand except the one at Dusit Thani Hotel.

The best place to smoke inside are Cigar lounge at The Intercontinental Bangkok and Cohiba Divan at The Grand Hyatt Erawan. But for me I preferred to herf at Aqua bar which is open air garden in The Four Season Hotel Bangkok. Those three places are in walking distance and located in down town Bangkok so you can try all of them. Anyway let me know when you come then let's herf at Aqua Bar. My e-mail is in my profile.

One thing, I don't recommend you to purchase cigars here which is pricey.

Kittipong

another mate suggested -

Oriental Hotel on River as well as below Hyatt Erawan Hotel

but the above looks to have you covered.

Well, if you would stay at Le Meridien Plaza Athenee then u can walk to Conrad Hotel and there are two bars that you can herf, one is Hyde and Seeks which is in front of Le Meridien, another is Witch's Oyster Bar that one is EPL football bar also located on between le meridien and Conrad.

But if you would stay at Le meridien surawong then you should look for Dusit thanee or the four season hotel.

Woo-hoo, Kittipong, if that wasn't the most attractive tourist invitation to Bangkok ever! Aiz, have a great evening or two there. (And let me know if you need tips for Vientiane.)

Mate, go to The Hyatt Bangkok http://www.bangkok.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/h...unges/index.jsp, they have an awesome little bar where you can purchase a cigar and also smoke it indoors, they have a special cigar lounge.

If you ever decide to live in Bangkok they can even give you your own little locker to store your cigars (pretty cool i know!)

Good luck.

cheers,

Elie.

Mate, go to The Hyatt Bangkok http://www.bangkok.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/h...unges/index.jsp, they have an awesome little bar where you can purchase a cigar and also smoke it indoors, they have a special cigar lounge.

If you ever decide to live in Bangkok they can even give you your own little locker to store your cigars (pretty cool i know!)

Good luck.

cheers,

Elie.

I stayed at the Sukhothai Hotel which is near the Australian embassy. They had those little lockers there and some had the names of movie stars on them (can't remember which ones though). Nice hotel but think I enjoyed smoking at the Oriental by the river the best because of its old world charm. They have a LCDH which looked like you could smoke in there since there were nice couches, but the weather is so nice its best outside anyway.

Agree on the pricing of cigars too - certainly no bargains to be had in BKK.

Enjoy your trip!! Its a much nicer city now the pollution has been reduced compared to about 4 years ago.