A Day in the Life

Hi All

Well it is good to be back posting again ,thought i would start up this thread ,about what members have been up to lately.

I my self have been absent for a little while from the forum as of late ,mainly due to work commitments and a couple of bouts of bad health bad Virus (also have to give up these damn cigarettes :( )

Apart from that i have had some really excellent cigars of late

VR Unicos

Punch Royal selection 11 and 12

and a Punch super Robusto (gifted by a couple of really good friends ;) )

Just before Xmas when to the Eagles concert here in Perth (suffice to say they were excellent ,playing better now than when they were in their prime)

Had low key Christmas couple of days down with the mother in law s/west of Perth,and basically just taking it easy :cofcig::unsure:.

Back to work tomorrow :( .

On a high light my Oris pro diver watch chimed in the new year it first and hopefully not its or my last ;)

My next big adventure is Melbourne at the end of Feb (shopping drinking smoking oh and Michael Bubl'e .present for the Wife)

New years resolution try to find the funds to visit the Czar deck this year ;)

Cheers to all and stay safe during this Holiday period

Oz (Steve) :lol:

G'day Steve, good to see you back here.

Much the same for me - too much time spent at work with a new job but hey, there's mouths to feed. Been a bit of a quiet year for me for buying cigars - hope that changes.

Most importantly, glad to see your health is back.

Let us know when you are in Melbourne - I'd be up for a smoke.

Mike

Bet you'll be seeing a lot of "just working" from everyone here this time of year, certainly true for me. A nice , relaxing christmas spent with the family and several good cigars.

Highlight of the last couple of months would have to be meeting ramses and picking his brain about all things cigar and cuba related. And smoking a great custom rolled!

Thanks everyone

Oh and here is the pic dicko

Cheers OZ :thumbsup:

Cool thread Ozcuban. I hope your medical problems have improved. :thumbsup: Been a very interesting December for me. Lot's of change for the better. Hopefully things continue to improve. I spent a very nice and quiet xmas and new years with my wife and kids.

I did not buy any cigars in December, or Novemever for that matter, as I am stocked up with way to many as it is. By my calculations, I have enough cigars to last me until 2015 sitting in my humidors.

I will be going in for surgery tomorrow, if I live :rolleyes: I won't be able to smoke for a few weeks anyway, so it is time for me to just relax and heal. I'm smoking a fine diplo 2 as I write this, knowing that it will be a while before I enjoy another, but it is all good.

Hope you all have a wonderful 2011!

Cool thread Ozcuban. I hope your medical problems have improved. :thumbsup: Been a very interesting December for me. Lot's of change for the better. Hopefully things continue to improve. I spent a very nice and quiet xmas and new years with my wife and kids.

I did not buy any cigars in December, or Novemever for that matter, as I am stocked up with way to many as it is. By my calculations, I have enough cigars to last me until 2015 sitting in my humidors.

I will be going in for surgery tomorrow, if I live :rolleyes: I won't be able to smoke for a few weeks anyway, so it is time for me to just relax and heal. I'm smoking a fine diplo 2 as I write this, knowing that it will be a while before I enjoy another, but it is all good.

Hope ur surgery goes well brother!!!!!

My Nov/Dec and new years have been marred by: tooth aches...a few more tooth aches( 3 pulled teeth later im fine) it was a month and a half process(long story) couldnt smoke cigars......then the car/truck problems started.....my wifes car cost me a $1000...then my work truck takes a dump(motor is shot)FU<K!!!!!!!! didnt need that......got a 2009 GMC work truck under 10000 miles ...another payment i didnt need....X mas was quite then the Flu bug hit....my wife spent dec 30 between the bed and the bathroom floor puking in a bucket and toilet....while i took care of a cranky kid.....the next dayDec 31 i celebrated all day and nite by puking in buckets,pissing out my arse and wishing somebody please put me out of my misery....while my wife(who still didnt recoup from her bug)is caring for a 14 month old who is sick as hell too!!!!Happy Fu<Kin New Year!!!!!!

Things are slowly going back to normal...but my abs(i have a six pack) are still sore as hell!!!!

Well it is good to be back posting again ,thought i would start up this thread ,about what members have been up to lately.

I my self have been absent for a little while from the forum as of late ,mainly due to work commitments and a couple of bouts of bad health bad Virus...

Hey Oz, it seems we've suffering from the same too-much work virus... same story here, work+travel has been draining the time out of my life... Though I am taking a break till the 10th (and hence my reappearance here), the sad part is that I can see the clouds gathering for a similar overdose of work in this year's horizon. But then, I remind myself, that no-work is the same as no-cigar.

To all those of us who have taken a big hit on the health front (and those who have been alright as well), I hope the new year brings us all better health and prosperity and better cigars :lifepreserver:

BTW Oz... that is a bloody sweet watch you've got yourself. Congrats!

Cool thread Ozcuban. I hope your medical problems have improved. :) Been a very interesting December for me. Lot's of change for the better. Hopefully things continue to improve. I spent a very nice and quiet xmas and new years with my wife and kids.

I will be going in for surgery tomorrow, if I live :) I won't be able to smoke for a few weeks anyway, so it is time for me to just relax and heal. I'm smoking a fine diplo 2 as I write this, knowing that it will be a while before I enjoy another, but it is all good.

Thanks for your comments JC i do hope all goes well with the surgery ,more time for posting during recuperation ;)

Cheers OZ :cigar:

Hope ur surgery goes well brother!!!!!

My Nov/Dec and new years have been marred by: tooth aches...a few more tooth aches( 3 pulled teeth later im fine) it was a month and a half process(long story) couldnt smoke cigars......then the car/truck problems started.....my wifes car cost me a $1000...then my work truck takes a dump(motor is shot)FU<K!!!!!!!! didnt need that......got a 2009 GMC work truck under 10000 miles ...another payment i didnt need....X mas was quite then the Flu bug hit....my wife spent dec 30 between the bed and the bathroom floor puking in a bucket and toilet....while i took care of a cranky kid.....the next dayDec 31 i celebrated all day and nite by puking in buckets,pissing out my arse and wishing somebody please put me out of my misery....while my wife(who still didnt recoup from her bug)is caring for a 14 month old who is sick as hell too!!!!Happy Fu<Kin New Year!!!!!!

Things are slowly going back to normal...but my abs(i have a six pack) are still sore as hell!!!!

Hi Brutus

Thanks for your comments i know exactly how you feel and it is not much fun hope it is all out of the way ,things can only get better hey

cheers OZ :cigar:

Hey Oz, it seems we've suffering from the same too-much work virus... same story here, work+travel has been draining the time out of my life... Though I am taking a break till the 10th (and hence my reappearance here), the sad part is that I can see the clouds gathering for a similar overdose of work in this year's horizon. But then, I remind myself, that no-work is the same as no-cigar.

To all those of us who have taken a big hit on the health front (and those who have been alright as well), I hope the new year brings us all better health and prosperity and better cigars :cigar:

BTW Oz... that is a bloody sweet watch you've got yourself. Congrats!

Hi Zuma

Thanks for your comments ,like me it seems work etc has been all engrossing,good to see you back ,we will have to work on organising a get together soon ,or at least before the end of Summer

Take care my friend

OZ ;)

G'day Steve, good to see you back here.

Much the same for me - too much time spent at work with a new job but hey, there's mouths to feed. Been a bit of a quiet year for me for buying cigars - hope that changes.

Most importantly, glad to see your health is back.

Let us know when you are in Melbourne - I'd be up for a smoke.

Mike

Hi Mike good to hear from you again

Yes i think we are all in agreement on this that work sucks

i will be in Melb from the 20 th to the 26th look forward to catching up

Cheers Steve :cigar:

Hi all just typing a few replies,

Yesterday was the day from Hell (work wise ) first day back temp was in mid 30's Celsius and inside the factory where i work it was about 70 to 75 percent humidity not to much fun at all what we would call a real sweat box

today can only be better

cheers all

OZ :cigar:

Hi Oz,

Good to see you around again. I've been off FoH (and computers in general) for a little while myself. Nice to have a break from them after working on a PC all year. Hope all's good at your end. I'm lucky to still be on Hol's, couldn't imagine working in a warehouse if the heat is anything like it's been up here in Brisbane. Cheers, hope you get some cooler weather.

Thanks Brendan

Cooler weather here for the next couple ,but yesterday was the worst ever for me, where I work, coming back from the break I only had a 2 day week ,as I normally work 3 /13 hour shifts,and i thought how hard can it be ;)

Just before and after lunch it was about 28.c out side with a R/H of 85%.

Inside it must of been about 35.c and 90 + R/H mainly due to crap evaporative air cons and three big printing presses churning out heaps of heat

Ten finally the Rain arrived i had almost forgotten what rain was like

Back to the dry heat of 35.c + in the next couple for the foreseeable future

And that was my day in the life for the last couple

Cheers OZ :cigar: