Interview with Master Roller Ramses

When Ramses was talking about managing his people, it provides me a poignant reminder that Cubans are just like the rest of us. Fears, desires, emotions and idiosyncracies.

A great video interview series, Rob. Thank you for doing it so well.

I can't compliment all who were involved with this series enough. Never seen anything like it. Your hospitality is top notch. I'm sure Ramses had fun kicking back and hanging with you guys.

When talking quality, Ramses focused on construction in this interview. Was there any discussion off camera about raw material quality aside from the tasting notes Ramses said where scoring well as of recent. I would say construction has been very good as of late, but the variance in raw material from poor to excellent is still to wide. I'm glad you guys are here to pick the best of the best.

When talking quality, Ramses focused on construction in this interview. Was there any discussion off camera about raw material quality aside from the tasting notes Ramses said where scoring well as of recent. I would say construction has been very good as of late, but the variance in raw material from poor to excellent is still to wide. I'm glad you guys are here to pick the best of the best.

Ramses calls 05 as the best tobacco he has seen in the factory. He has been impressed with every year since. Tobacco quality has not been a problem excluding the occasional period of lack of large wrapper leaves for large format cigars.