Diplo #3 ARA ABR 01

Never smoked a Diplo #3 before today, yet I managed to let this box rest a month before firing one up. What a lovely cigar- medium strength, medium body & a wonderful toasty aged tobacco flavor. Liked this more than most of the Diplo #4s I've smoked. Buying older boxes can sometimes be risky, but this box was well stored over the past 9 years. Highly recommended.

I have always loved these and other coronas. I have two boxes of '06 at Rob's and can't recall if I have any at home any more. I might have to do some looking. '01 cigars can get a bad rap... but I have had some real greats from that year. Thanks for the review. -P

I have always loved these and other coronas. I have two boxes of '06 at Rob's and can't recall if I have any at home any more. I might have to do some looking. '01 cigars can get a bad rap... but I have had some real greats from that year. Thanks for the review. -P

Truly some great ones. SLR DCs from 01 are the best I've ever smoked.

Truly some great ones. SLR DCs from 01 are the best I've ever smoked.

Quite so.

My '01 Punch DCs and Punch Punch are brilliant, as are two boxes of Cuaba Exclusivos (!).

Many others have been excellent, especially SCH El Principe.

The problem with '01 is that much of what remains on the market are of mediocre quality.

The good stock sells out, the bad stays around.

The quality of tobacco was generally decent, but construction had still not totally recovered.

It seems that in purchasing these cigars today,

the best way to minimize risk is to go with more limited production items,

such as these Diplomaticos, and to beware of too good to be true sales from grey market vendors.

Glad you had such success with this box.

Quite so.

My '01 Punch DCs and Punch Punch are brilliant, as are two boxes of Cuaba Exclusivos (!).

Many others have been excellent, especially SCH El Principe.

The problem with '01 is that much of what remains on the market are of mediocre quality.

The good stock sells out, the bad stays around.

The quality of tobacco was generally decent, but construction had still not totally recovered.

It seems that in purchasing these cigars today,

the best way to minimize risk is to go with more limited production items,

such as these Diplomaticos, and to beware of too good to be true sales from grey market vendors.

Glad you had such success with this box.

BINGO!