Partagas Chicos

I explained to my wife about the review competition on FOH and she insisted that I help her post some reviews for her. She’s Chinese and has never reviewed before so it was quite entertaining (and quite a struggle at times) trying to ask her what flavours she was experiencing. So anyway, enough of the introduction, here’s her review:

“As some background, I should first mention that I have not been smoking very long. I prefer the smaller and thinner smokes, but then again I am somewhat restricted by what my husband decides to give me to smoke (Ed. hey – no fair!).

This is the first time that I have smoked a Partagas and from what my husband tells me of the marque I was expecting something quite spicy and flavoursome. This cigar was bought about 3 years ago and has been in the humidor resting ever since. There was no real aroma at cold, but what I did like was that it came pre-cut so I didn’t have to faff around with the cutter.

post-2317-1285251897.jpg

After lighting, the cigar was not as I expected at all. It was not spicy at all, in fact it was very mild, but it had a lovely toasted tobacco taste. It was not sweet or fruity, but I would say it had a sort of cakey, bready flavour which was very enjoyable… quite unlike how my husband described the marque so it just goes to show that he knows nothing about cigars.

The cigar didn’t really change throughout the length of the smoke, but I enjoyed this more than most of the other cigars that I have tried in the past.”

So there we have it, more or less word for word (slander included), or as good as my Chinese translation skills will allow anyway!

I hope you enjoyed her review, she is intending to post another review in the next day or two… depending on if I decide to help again :D

That's awesome! I love Chicos (and Chinos, what the heck!).

My wife used to smoke my cigars once in a while too, but we're about to have a baby so she's on the bandwagon. However, a word of warning: be careful, my friend... my wife eventually took a liking to my Cohiba robustos!

... I don't know if posting the reviews of another gets you in the contest mate... Might have to call foul here!!! -LOL (just kidding!)

Tell Lady Salty great review. We share a like for Chicos. When they stopped making the Bolivar Demitasse I started looking for some cigars to replace it and that is when I got hooked on Chicos. Cheers Lady Salty. -Piggy

However, a word of warning: be careful, my friend... my wife eventually took a liking to my Cohiba robustos!

Advice heeded ;) This is why I control what she smokes... only joking! I did try to start her off on Punch Petit Punch and Bolivar Coronas Junior, but she could only manage about a third of a smoke this size. I gave her an HDM Du Maire and she was much more at home. I'm sure in time she'll be delving into my stash more enthusiatically... this is where the Czar's locker comes in very handy :peace:

... I don't know if posting the reviews of another gets you in the contest mate... Might have to call foul here!!! -LOL (just kidding!)

Tell Lady Salty great review. We share a like for Chicos. When they stopped making the Bolivar Demitasse I started looking for some cigars to replace it and that is when I got hooked on Chicos. Cheers Lady Salty. -Piggy

Thanks Ray, I will indeed pass your comments onto Lady Salty ;)

If her review is lucky enough to win then rest assured, the winnings will all be going to her... all I can do is hope that she is willing to stoop to give her lowly translator a share of the bounty :peace:

Excellent review, Madame. Thank you so much.

In defence of your husband, may I say that the profile that you found in the Chico

had much to do with its three years of aging.

Most people, wrongly IMHO, do not age these cigars.

When smoked young, they have a harsher, stronger and spicier flavour.

May I suggest another that you might enjoy - the Demi-Tasse from El Rey del Mundo;

fine, elegant, yet full flavoured, whether young or aged.

I am looking forward to your next review.