Pub Funeral

Tomorrow is a sad, sad day for Australian cigar smokers indeed; as of the 22nd our government will be banning smoking in alfresco areas at bars and restaurants. I see a bleak future ahead for the humble cigar aficionado.

So tonight I will journey to my favorite little bar, order a drink, and light up the largest most pungent cigar I can find to toast the end of an era!

Tomorrow is a sad, sad day for Australian cigar smokers indeed; as of the 22nd our government will be banning smoking in alfresco areas at bars and restaurants. I see a bleak future ahead for the humble cigar aficionado.

So tonight I will journey to my favorite little bar, order a drink, and light up the largest most pungent cigar I can find to toast the end of an era!

With so much banned these days it is a wonder what you are able to do? Might be best for government to ban everything and then make law for permitted 'legal behaviour'. Well they haven't quite got around to banning smoking but that must be the next logical step if it was not for the heavy duties that they rely upon already.

Josh

In Queensland you haven't been able to smoke in restaurants and bars for about 5 years... yep 5 years but there are some great places that have made pleasant areas to smoke a cigar....

You will get used to it and will be like us Queenslanders when we go to Sydney and can't believe that people can still smoke in a Restaurnat LOLOL feel like such a hillbilly :D

Welcome to the club. The smoking ban started here in July. That resulted in 2 things: Every bar (space permitted) has invested in outdoor patios, and crowds of smokers right outside the bar doors.

Not sure where I am going to smoke cigars this winter.

But can't you smoke in outdoor alfrescos in QLD? That's what they are banning now.

Unless you have a designated smoking area which has been agreed upon by the government (big licenced premises) you can not have smoking..... there is no service at all in a smoking area

You can not smoke within 4 meters of a door way and you will can not smoke outside in a restaruant/ cafe... you have to smoke on the footpath..

welcome to our laws :2thumbs:

Isn't living in Australia just dandy?

What happens if you are smoking in your car, you pull up at the lights and just happen to be within 4 meters of an alfresco dining area? According to the Pedestrian Council, a footpath need only be 1.8m wide, so a car can be within 4 meters of footpath dining. Technically, the cops could book you for that!

On a side note regarding footpath dining, I always thought the fumes coming out of my car's exhaust were more harmful than cigar smoke. Why you would want to sit there to eat is beyond me. :2thumbs: