Have they gone flat or have I gone crazy?

I seem to have a little problem.

I've had my stock in a Vinotemp at between 60-70 degrees temp and 60-70 degrees RH (it fluctuates although set at 65-65) for the past 9 months. All in their original boxes. All from best source.

The cigars have been smoking well up until one week ago when they went flat. I thought it could be my palate but friends who have smoked out of my humidor have agreed (somewhat). The cigars are varied marques and boxes. All the same, flat, tasteless. Even one of my favorite 08 Coro (dark and oily), nada.

The outside RH, where I smoke, is 75-80 %. I stopped dry boxing due to high temp and RH in the box.

Is it my Vinotemp or just another "humidity related psychosis"?? Any help?

Question, do your cigar boxes still have a strong aroma? If they do you should be fine, I'd worry if they don't.

My only experience was on an 07 box of punch punch which all I could figure was it had gone into it's "sick" period. But that was one box, not them all.

Also, when I take delivery on a new box they'll smoke decent for the first few days, then go bunk or sick for about 60 days. After which they're back on mark. I always thought it that was due to the exchanging and settleing of environments with in the cigar / tobacco from the supplier to my cabinet.

While obviously speculating, I would not blame your overall stock or your humidor. Flat cigars are more often than not manufacturing problem cigars. If you have a run of cigars that are less than they should be and it is not you... you may very well just be on a bad streak of inconsistent cigars.

As with all problems I prefer the obvious to the more complex and abstract. I think you just got into some mediocre cigars that you would not have noticed if they were not served several in a row. I think you are barking up the wrong tree with bland tastes caused by your humidor that are not in conjunction with other factors. Just my 2 cents! -Piggy

Thanks Piggy,

I've smoked out of these boxes over the past two years and they have been in this humidor for at least 9 months. I understand your comment about hitting a streak of mediocre stock and I've experienced box inconsistency but in this case they're very good cigars. HQ/PSP quality.

I suppose it could be temporary loss of my taste/smell but would like to rule out all possibilities