On the fly analysis. Partagas Jar Cigar

Horses for Courses

I don't get upset when HSA add a new unique item such as the Partagas P1 Jar. Each man/woman has their own set of priorities to judge its worth. Some think it is great value (a number of members here have purchased two). Others believe overpriced. I like the Jar, I like the cigar. They have done a good job. HSA twists no ones arm to purchase one. They will sell their quota, they got this one right.

I get upset at discontinuations of great/hallmark cigars due to lack of sales when nothing was done to support these cigars.

Do HSA Listen? Well they did earlier this year when we as a community wrote literally hundreds of letters to the Havana Execs stating our disillusionment. Number of cigars announced this year for deletion: None.

That is only half the battle. We have to get some back but the beast has at least "stopped and propped" and had a look at what the market has said. Perhaps it is our fault as consumers? We ***** and complain on forums but that letter writing program took effort by individuals who spent time and money.

Perhaps it is time for the Habanos Consumers Association. A global entity of individuals whom intelligently agitate HSA for the good of the heritage of Cuban cigars.

For it to be a successful organization, angst needs to be pulled from the agenda. Price/class warfare needs to be pulled from the agenda and recognition made that Habanos lovers come from all levels of the pricing piramide.

Hear, hear amigo!

Very well said, Prez.......Except what the heck does "Horses for Courses" mean? :unsure:

To clarify - I wasn't trying to say Habanos is off base with releasing new and exciting products, even if they are of too high a price in the opinion of some. A fair amount of them are great products, which meet with a strong appeal and interest from their consumers. Behikes are selling like hotcakes, regardless of the price. I did say the Jar looked awesome, didn't I? My point was that IMHO, Habanos needs to stop focusing on only these new and special releases as if they were the primary concern of their business, and put more attention to flagging marques and vitolas than they have been, aside from just discontinuing whatever doesn't sell.

I would love to be a part of a Habanos Consumers Association - what must we do to get such a group rolling?

I agree that angst/price-class warfare needs not to be a part of the Agenda. Also, the price-pyramid issue - I think such recognition exists in most, if not all Habanos lovers - even Piggy can't deny the popularity of his much-maligned jawbreakers. I think our angst and anger must not be discounted because it is such strong feelings that drive us to attempt to do something about potential mismanagement by HSA. However - there is no place for comments along the lines of "I loved Party SDCs - you guys were dumbasses for discontinuing those cigars in favour of Monte Thickmundos!" It has to be intelligent agitation as you put it, and it needs to be from a varied populace.

Khomeinist - Loved your post. Sign me up for some boxes of H Upmann My Uncle Frank! ;)

Ray - I love the Party Corona! I traded for a couple 2006 singles from a member on FOH and they were sheer bliss! (desperate to find more, if only my wallet would allow haha!) I merely used them as an example of a discontinued cigar for my idea of a cigar review driven by the rarity of a cigar instead of the flavour and experience. I agree with your description - it had power and charactor in a corona size, and I would consider it a classic CC.