new cabinet

Have owned an Aristocrat M Plus THC 25" deep for nearly a year after upgrading from an Avallo 1200 Deluxe. Could not be happier with the build quality or the construction process with Bob Staebell. While the initial hit is bad, if you amortize the cost of the humidor over several years it's much more bearable...but more power to you if you are creative with fridges/etc. I am not, but I am extremely pleased with my black walnut unit. Temp control is expensive but for me, worth the cost in peace of mind.

Have owned an Aristocrat M Plus THC 25" deep for nearly a year after upgrading from an Avallo 1200 Deluxe. Could not be happier with the build quality or the construction process with Bob Staebell. While the initial hit is bad, if you amortize the cost of the humidor over several years it's much more bearable...but more power to you if you are creative with fridges/etc. I am not, but I am extremely pleased with my black walnut unit. Temp control is expensive but for me, worth the cost in peace of mind.

Bob is an artisan.

if the $'s are too high get the biggest thermoelectric wine fridge you can afford and some beads from Mark Neff at cigarmony.com

I have owned an Avallo DDD Chilled unit for a number of years now. I upgraded from my Aristocrat endtable unit that was just too small.

I went with Avallo at the time due to reviews as well as price. Also I really like the humidification unit in the Avallo. It is easy to read and set or adjust.

Both Avallo and Aristocrat makes quality products and you cant go wrong with either. Good luck on your new purchase.

Another vote for Bob's work. I went back and forth with both but ended up with a climate controlled Mxt 26.5 for a couple of reasons.

1. He was able to color match my existing furniture in my office.

2. I liked his humidifying reservoir a lot better.

3. The temp and humidifying electronics are very easy to use.

4. Build quality is amazing!

I've also attached some pics from a while back...

post-6454-1283095312.jpg

post-6454-1283095319.jpg

post-6454-1283095325.jpg

post-6454-1283095331.jpg

post-6454-1283095338.jpg

I own an aristocrat THC Plus. It does the job, keeps the cigars in a controlled environment with temp and RH. Although there are many less expensive ways to achieve the same result.

I went with the Aristocrat because it's a piece of furniture that's beautiful and fit an empty wall in my front room. So the purchase had a duel purpose. I went all out with fancy inlays and molding. It is gorgeous.

Regarding the storage performance, it's flawless and my cigars have never tasted so good. There's plenty of room to hold 40+ boxes, high quality sliding drawers, auxiliary fans (I have 4 fans that turn on for 1 minute every 15 minutes, or 4 times an hour). I have never for one day regretted the purchase.

One suggestion, could be for any furniture owner. For my Aristocrat THC Plus, I purchase a 1/4" plate glass that exactly fits the top of my cabinet. I called a local glass company, gave them the dimensions and specified I wanted polished edges. $52 and 1 week later I picked it up and placed it on top of my humidor. It was only a matter of time before someone put a drink on it, I placed a box with a staple on the bottom of it on top of the humidor, or a number or other instances where the top of the humidor could be damaged. Besides, the plate glass top looks pretty sharp... as well as functional.

BTW, lovely cabinet there Sandman

One suggestion, could be for any furniture owner. For my Aristocrat THC Plus, I purchase a 1/4" plate glass that exactly fits the top of my cabinet. I called a local glass company, gave them the dimensions and specified I wanted polished edges. $52 and 1 week later I picked it up and placed it on top of my humidor. It was only a matter of time before someone put a drink on it, I placed a box with a staple on the bottom of it on top of the humidor, or a number or other instances where the top of the humidor could be damaged. Besides, the plate glass top looks pretty sharp... as well as functional.

Thanks Dbone, The cab I have now shares its own room with a treadmill, golf clubs, and a few desk tops I like to keep safe for my enjoyment with space for another treasure chest

You can't go wrong with Bob. He builds a great cabinet and his customer service is excellent! The only advice I have for you is to buy the biggest one you can afford. I will save you the trouble of going through the same thing down the road.

Yes, good call. A great recommendation, and something beneficial for any of those with treasured furniture.

My wife and I did the same sort of thing when we got our new kitchen table at the start of last year. It has inlaid natural slate/granite stone in it. And, as a porous stone with small cracks and grout lines, and a currently 2-year-old toddler, we thought it best to do a similar thing to make spills easier to clean up, as well as help with the longevity of the furniture...

post-6965-1283188184.jpg

Yes, good call. A great recommendation, and something beneficial for any of those with treasured furniture.

My wife and I did the same sort of thing when we got our new kitchen table at the start of last year. It has inlaid natural slate/granite stone in it. And, as a porous stone with small cracks and grout lines, and a currently 2-year-old toddler, we thought it best to do a similar thing to make spills easier to clean up, as well as help with the longevity of the furniture...

post-6965-1283188184.jpg

Real nice dood.