Australian Cigar Fightback.

We will be moving quickly on this Australia wide with Sam as our "Head".

Whilst I applaud and support your initiative. I've a bad feeling that Spurr noggin is going to be butting against some very sturdy walls.

It was a great day. The 'theme of the day' was 'Moving Forward for Real Action' :D

Thanks for positive feedback guys, Yes, will be tough Ben, but something must be given a go. I rather die on my feet than live on the my knees as the expression goes.

Stay tuned to Rob's announcements especially in terms of a consumer group. Eevery cigar lover, their occasional cigar smoking mates, and their non-smoking mates who are sick of the nanny state etc will be called on to help get behind initiatives.

If everyone can get behind letter writing for discontinued cigars, a few letters to parliament (amongst other things) won't hurt. and I want to have a good time while doing so, and hopfully there will be a few events to support as well which will help with fundraising.

Cheers

Sam

Wonderful!

My only concern is that a "consumer association" which is set up and funded by industry insiders

may well suffer some serious credibility problems when investigated, and attacked,

by the forces of puritan conformity, as it surely will.

It should, IMHO, be funded solely by donations from retail consumers, and other sympathic persons.

Retailers could help by providing a data base of customers' email addresses,

and by direct word of mouth publicity.

Initial start-up funds, i.e. to set up and maintain a professional looking website, could be provided in cash...

When do we march on Parliament?!

Lets do that, and then its back to my place for a meal, drinks and cigars. Maybe we could invite a few pollies.

Lets do that, and then its back to my place for a meal, drinks and cigars. Maybe we could invite a few pollies.

Gillard can cook the BBQ for you and give Smithy a break! :lookaround::D

Seriously, this is a great result of posts thus far and can only get better should everyone support the initiatives.

How about a Cigar Tent Embassy on the front lawn of Parliament?

We can fly our flag (either Ken or the monkey) in a cloudy haze of cigar smoke.

Nice work guys.

As someone with several hours of parliament lawn-sitting experience, I will volunteer to represent the grand monkey, smoking and drinking until the politicians recognise, and respect our rights! :D

Wonderful!

My only concern is that a "consumer association" which is set up and funded by industry insiders

may well suffer some serious credibility problems when investigated, and attacked,

by the forces of puritan conformity, as it surely will.

It should, IMHO, be funded solely by donations from retail consumers, and other sympathic persons.

Retailers could help by providing a data base of customers' email addresses,

and by direct word of mouth publicity.

Initial start-up funds, i.e. to set up and maintain a professional looking website, could be provided in cash...

good points and they were discussed at meeting Ron. We do need to keep an arms length but any apprentice journalist could look at membership and put two and two togheter that both are somehow 'linked' I like the idea of cash though...might take off to Brasil. Tchau!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was surprised that Rob let it slide by - I was half expecting to see him write, "Aren't they one and the same?!" (Sorry Ken :D:D;) )

Top stuff everyone involved. We need several dozen Cigar Lounges scattered around each suburb state. :(

Hey, if Australia has a 'Sex Party', we should have a Cigar Party too. :blink: Although I imagine those in the Shooters Party probably indulge in a 'few from time to time.