What's your habano of choice after a specific meal?

So, I'm conversing back and forth with BrutustheBuckeye on the shoutbox and I pose the question what he is smoking tonight. I'm often faced with the dilemma of what I will be smoking after a certain meal.

Remember the scene in City Slickers when the two ice cream makers are having a conversation of what ice cream goes well with certain meals? I'm often having that same scene in my mind when choosing the cigar to smoke after what I will eat.

Tonight, I'm having chinese food so I'm thinking of a habano with fuller flavor and fuller body after.

What cigars have you all found satisfying after a certain meal? i.e. fish and asparagus, steak and potatoes, etc.

It's not a meal, but I love a Sig I with a cup of coffee on a Sunday afternoon...

How about a Mojito and a JL2...heaven.

Steak (thick cut, grilled with sea salt and fresh ground pepper, medium rare) puts me in the mood for a Dip 2.

Any meal : and a Mag 46 will fit in fine!

Would depend on how much I have eaten stuffed to the gills, or as my ex use to say the beauty in eating is to eat to 80%, personally think she was talking S#%*. Heavy meal I would go for a robusto/ churchill maybe RASS, D4 something lighter would maybe BCE maybe a Party short

Steak (thick cut, grilled with sea salt and fresh ground pepper, medium rare) puts me in the mood for a Dip 2.

Any meal : and a Mag 46 will fit in fine!

Spot on with both of those, M. I'd only add grilled asparagus with garlic butter, and then grilled corn-on-the-cob also, with that steak dinner preceeding the Dip 2.

Spot on.

Funny. I've never smoked after a meal.

Dude. Try it - perfect.

I like to get things cleaned up a bit, give it a 1/2 hour to an hour after dinner, get a fresh round of drinks or eight, and then settle in for a nice nightcap of a cigar.

QUOTE (Wicky @ Aug 21 2010, 10:37 PM)

Funny. I've never smoked after a meal.

Dude. Try it - perfect.

I like to get things cleaned up a bit, give it a 1/2 hour to an hour after dinner, get a fresh round of drinks or eight, and then settle in for a nice nightcap of a cigar.

I, too, don't smoke after an evening meal. She-who-must-be-obeyed forbids it (not surprisingly, as it aggravates her asthma).

I, too, don't smoke after an evening meal. She-who-must-be-obeyed forbids it (not surprisingly, as it aggravates her asthma).

I as well listen to " She-who-must-be-obeyed" :wub: But I only smoke after dinner or better said after the kids are sleeping because my aroma after the cigar bothers thier asthma. Damn her The-one-known-as-she-who-musted-be-obyed.

I usually don't smoke before noon, but if I were to smoke somthing after breakfast it would be a minuto or petit corona. Lunch would likely be a larger vitola, and post dinner, larger still as there is more down time to enjoy a bigger smoke. Keeping this list to current production smokes, my choices would be the following...

Light Breakfast - Romeo y Julieta Cedros DeLuxe No. 3

Medium Breakfast - San Cristobal de La Haban El Principe

Heavy Breakfast - Partagas Short

Light Lunch - El Rey Mundo Choix Supreme

Medium Lunch - Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Des Dieux

Heavy Lunch - Partagas 898V

Light Afternoon Coffee - Por Larranaga Petit Corona

Medium Afternoon Coffee - Diplomatico No. 2

Heavy Afternoon Coffee - Cohiba Robusto

Light Dinner - Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona

Medium Dinner - Cohiba Esplendido

Heavy Dinner - Partagas Lusitania