quote of the day.... you think?

"It could be quite damaging for us."

this from the lead candidate of one of our moronic, 'fairies at the bottom of the garden', fringe dwelling political parties when one of her fellow candidates was revealed as having been previously convicted of child sex offences and attempting to buy a child for sex, over the internet.

the sad truth is that the imbeciles who vote for lunatics like these will probably be able to explain it away somehow.

haven't the democrats slid into oblivion already? I wouldn't want to know what other skeletons are in MP's and candidates closets

i thought so too but when i was in south aussie earlier in the week, there were numerous election signs up for them.

some things just don't know when to die.

Yes, don't you guys have a vote coming up very shortly? I was reading about it on CBC news.

Well, at least our problems aren't any better or worse - we have a minority government for a number of years now, heads of "arms-length/independent" departments/agencies getting fired for speaking out against the government, the government spin doctoring detainee issues from Afghanistan, hugely increasing taxes during an economic recession, a government that is blatently defying court orders against it, using hugely overzealous delay-tactics for simple Freedom-of-Information requests, etc., etc., etc.

C'est la vie - it's politics.

With everything going on - Canada, U.S., Pakistan, England's corruption scandal, etc. - you almost have to wonder when the last straw can be added to the public's back, before you have to worry about a coup or overthrow issue in "developed" countries. Things don't look good for the future if politicians can't learn to get their crap in gear.

"It could be quite damaging for us."

this from the lead candidate of one of our moronic, 'fairies at the bottom of the garden', fringe dwelling political parties when one of her fellow candidates was revealed as having been previously convicted of child sex offences and attempting to buy a child for sex, over the internet.

the sad truth is that the imbeciles who vote for lunatics like these will probably be able to explain it away somehow.

I thought you couldn't be an MP if you had a conviction? Although I guess being a candidate and an MP are two entirely different matters

I thought you couldn't be an MP if you had a conviction? Although I guess being a candidate and an MP are two entirely different matters

i think that might be true but not even south aussies are so bereft of any intelligence to actually let him win a seat. surely?

more chance of rob winning miss america.

I live in the vein hope that this criminal sham of a labour government is out the door as a one term aberration in a few hours from now.

If they get back in and allow their lunatic green bedfellows to rule future decision making I can see a day in the very near future when you will read about civil unrest right here in Australia.

There are Two groups in this society. One are the criminals who perform the deeds ad get away with it because common law protects them. The second group are the elected group who can make the laws according to their purses (wallets for the rest of us)

example: we have the organized criminals and then we have the cops who are a legal group of organized criminals. ;)

There are Two groups in this society. One are the criminals who perform the deeds ad get away with it because common law protects them. The second group are the elected group who can make the laws according to their purses (wallets for the rest of us)

example: we have the organized criminals and then we have the cops who are a legal group of organized criminals. ;)

Hey, hey, don't push that train of thought. There's a lot of bad ones out there, granted, but no more so percentage wise than any other professionals. The only people that I commonly hear using this train of thought are the ones who don't like authority to begin with, who say that they are more than capable of deciding many illegal things for themselves (driving drunk, running red lights, break & enters, etc., etc).

Don't come bitching to me when your house is broken in to, and you need a police response then, and we take longer than 10 seconds to get there.