marriage wrecker dead (not rob).

<H1 class=heading>'Marriage wrecker' Two Tone carp found dead, anglers in mourning </H1>

• <LI class="source first ">From: NewsCore
  • August 18, 2010 3:17PM

803347-two-tone-carp.jpg This Two Tone carp ... known as the "marriage wrecker" among anglers in Britain has been found dead. Source: Supplied

<H4 class=heading>Video</H4> TWO Tone - Britain's legendary monster carp and the aquatic Holy Grail for legions of fishermen - has been found dead in his home lake of apparent natural causes.

He was believed to be between 40 and 45 years old.

Two Tone - named for his distinctive coloration - was a mere 5.4 kg when he was plunked into Conningbrook Lake near Canterbury, southeastern England, in 1982 as part of a stocking program.

When he was last caught and weighed two years ago, he registered a whopping 30.8 kg.

There were reports some fishermen spent up to 15 years trying to catch him and as many as four marriages broke up over the time anglers spent casting for him.

But he was wily to the end and only rarely got hooked. On the few occasions he was caught, Two Tone was always respectfully returned to the waters.

So widespread was his fame, Two Tone will not suffer any final indignities involving frying pans or stuffing. He will be buried next to his lake and a plaque will mark his grave, with a champagne toast planned to honor him.

Chris Logsdon, head of Mid-Kent Fisheries which owns Conningbrook, told the Angling Times he made the sad discovery of Two Tone's body.

"A couple of anglers called to say they'd seen a big carp floating dead on the surface which they thought might be Two Tone," he said. "So my son and I went straight over to investigate. Sure enough it was the old boy - I was gutted.

"He'd had a hard winter followed by a tough spring, but there wasnt a blemish on him - no scars, ulcers or any other sign of damage.

"He was just old - he must have been 40 or 45. It's very sad, the end of an era, because Two Tone was part of carp fishing history."

Carp have done nothing but ruin almost every major river and lake here in Australia.

They eat away at the river banks by sucking the mud from tree roots as well as prey on the offspring of native fish like the Murray cod.

It's even illegal to throw back the carp once caught.

This case is indeed unique and for that, it is indeed sad but generally speaking, a good carp is a dead carp IMO.

Im a tad tired, and when I read the heading, I thought it said "Two tonne carp..." and I was thinking "Wow, that guy is strong."

Then logic caught up...

Yes, any carp is best dead in my opinion. Good story though.

Reminds me of the "General Sherman" episode of the Simpsons where Homer and Marge go on a marriage retreat and Homer goes fishing after a monster catfish. He catches the fish puts it in headlock and punches it in the face. Classic.

post-5330-1282140163.jpg

Carp is a trash fish here as well. Strange to think one would think very highly of one. Some guys shoot them with bows during the spring spawn and I think it is the only fish allowed to be shot.LOL