Cuban Davidoff's

Has anyone ever gotten a hold of one of these? I have read they go upwards of US $100 / stick which does not seem out of the realm of possibility of collecting a couple if one were to run across some.

I have one. The merchant I patronized in another state had 2 pigtail twist longer lonsdale sized that he wanted $40 apiece for in 1999. I puchased one after I bargained the price down to $35. Then purchased the other one later. I still have it to this day. It had some water stains on the bands when I got them, which the merchant explained was due to age and its travel time through places. What was the 1st one like in flavor? Nice vanilla milkshake honeyed flavoresque cuban aroma.

Has anyone ever gotten a hold of one of these? I have read they go upwards of US $100 / stick which does not seem out of the realm of possibility of collecting a couple if one were to run across some.

Yes. I have several. MSG me and I can tell you where. They're worth every penny. I smoked a No 1 recently and have a couple of No 2's, Dom Perignon and a Chateau Margaux...

Upwards of 100$ a stick is within the realm of your possibility? I applaud you, man - You're a richer person than I! :D

I would give almost anything to try a Cuban Davidoff, but I won't pay that much for a single cigar. $50 maybe, but when each puff of a cigar is worth a tangible dollar bill or more - It's too much to be paying IMHO! The Navy doesn't pay me that well haha!

That said, a lottery win would change all that :D

Look at it this way, how much do you pay for a night out at a chain restaurant or at the pub with friends? I could drop a hundee on either pretty easily, so the question is which would I enjoy more? A couple cuban davidoffs, or a couple saturday nights at Applebees. Believe me i'm not looking for a box to spend my son's college fund on

Fair enough, I'm assuming you're not just paying for yourself in those cases (unless you patronize the bar menu quite liberally...which is definitely understood and approved!) But remember that it's not assured you will get a kickass cigar for your 100 bucks. Buying a Davidoff cigars means you're buying a smoke that has at least 20 years, if not more of age on it. Some Better, younger smokes than that have already begun to fade, while some have definitely not - but is the 100 bucks worth a gamble? To use your example - if you go to a restaurant, order a meal that ends up disappointing you for whatever reason, you don't enjoy the drinks you ordered because they used Bacardi White instead of actual rum, etc etc....do you feel good about laying down 100 bucks for it all at the end of the night? Would it have been worth it?

Man, i'm not trying to tell you not to go out and get the Davidoffs - like I said, if I had much more dough, I'd find it worthwhile to go out and get 'em too. If you feel it's worth it - go out and get 'em - I hope they are blockbuster smokes and I look forward to the review! But to me, when I know I can spend a fraction of that 100$ on a fine Monte Especial from Czar - why pay so much for a cigar that might not have such a guarantee?

Maybe I've just listening to Ray (Pigfish) too much haha :D

Yes $100 is a bit much. But considering that folks on this board are chasing down Cohiba GR's and the new Behikes above that price point its not too crazy. For me, the Davidoff's represent something that is never going to be made again.. a Davidoff cigar made with 100% Cuban tobacco that ceased to be made in 1991. Getting one of these is like smoking a piece of history. And I enjoyed every puff. My No1's are from 1970 and they are delicious. I did a video review. I just need to get off my lazy ass and edit it down to something usable. Cigars are luxury items to a degree. I might never chase down a Behike but these Davidoff's really piqued my curiousity. :D

Yes $100 is a bit much. But considering that folks on this board are chasing down Cohiba GR's and the new Behikes above that price point its not too crazy. For me, the Davidoff's represent something that is never going to be made again.. a Davidoff cigar made with 100% Cuban tobacco that ceased to be made in 1991. Getting one of these is like smoking a piece of history. And I enjoyed every puff. My No1's are from 1970 and they are delicious. I did a video review. I just need to get off my lazy ass and edit it down to something usable. Cigars are luxury items to a degree. I might never chase down a Behike but these Davidoff's really piqued my curiousity. :D

Agreed completely.

IF I ever had the chance to acquire one, I'd seriously consider it.

But, I have reservations about paying upwards of $20 a stick for some EL's (Cuaba Piramide EL, for example), even though they were something I had prior to purchasing a box, and liked them. So, it was a bit easier for me to pull the trigger on that. But, paying more than 1/2 of the cost of a box of EL's, and only getting 1 cigar compared to 10, that's a bit iffy.

But yes, that historical connection does have an appeal to it. All I can say is, the devil on my shoulder would sure need to be kicking the crap out of the angel at that moment for me to give in though.