Raise the RH level

bob25

Ray ,you the man!

Thanks a lot again for all your help,I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself with all those questions but

it just frustrating situation.

First I'll try to up the temp and see if it gives me a boost to the RH,if that will fail after 2 days of testing

I'll try the plastic "method" ,put inside one of them a hygro and see how does it handle the RH.

Will check it after a day to see the result.

I'll stay away from an active humidifier from now.

Do you feel any different in taste in the cigars taken from the fridge in pic you posted in comparison to the cigars you store in the Aristocrat ?

Ray ,you the man!

Thanks a lot again for all your help,I know it sounds like I'm repeating myself with all those questions but

it just frustrating situation.

First I'll try to up the temp and see if it gives me a boost to the RH,if that will fail after 2 days of testing

I'll try the plastic "method" ,put inside one of them a hygro and see how does it handle the RH.

Will check it after a day to see the result.

I'll stay away from an active humidifier from now.

Do you feel any different in taste in the cigars taken from the fridge in pic you posted in comparison to the cigars you store in the Aristocrat ?

I prefer to smoke out of a room temperature humidor. Don't ask me why. I guess after smoking for almost 3 decades you get used to doing business one way. I will smoke out of any of my humidors, including the refrigerated ones yet I am drawn to the Aristocrat for a daily cigar. All of my cigars are ready to smoke, assuming that they have been properly acclimated. Since I have not bought cigars in sometime that includes all of them. Acclimation then is another issue. I have had some RGCE's that have taken over a year to get to where they should be. A tight cigar, like many that I prefer from '01 might take a year to gently dry to the level that I like them. This is especially true in a cooled humidor. The cooling process slows down the transfer of water both into or out of a cigar. I smoked a couple of RGCE's this weekend out of a box that I had been patiently waiting on and I was rewarded with cool, slow smoking master class cigars.

-Piggy

• 1 month later...

A little update.

I set-up a PC fan,put it on the top of the cooler,right above the cooler fan.

It push down the cool air and give me a better circulation,I tested the hygros again to check if the are calibrated.

As of now,from some reason the RH is 65% on 1 hygro(at the bottom) and 67% on the second hygro(at the top of the cooler).

Don't know what exactly the extra fan does but it helped me raised the RH from 58%~ to 67%~.

I also filled the cooler with more boxes,so maybe that helped too.