Fans in the DIY-humidors

chinamike233

just a random question....

for the people who have modified winefridge humidors or modified home made humidors with computer fans put in....

1. do you have the fans running 24/7? would it be harmful if it were?

2. is the direction of the circulation considered or other variables (like speed)?

thanks!

for the people who have modified winefridge humidors or modified home made humidors with computer fans put in....

2. is the direction of the circulation considered or other variables (like speed)?

thanks!

I have my 2 CPU fans running 24/7 but dont directly blow on the cigars, just circulating the air

I have one fan on bottom blowing up and another up top blowing towards glass door of my Vinotemp

The key is to have room behind the fan so it can put out some air otherwise if its flat up against something, minimal air will be produced

Bart

thanks!

These also work great in a DIY humidor. Without the fragrance, of course.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015ICSBU/ref=oss_product

Chris

I made a conversion of an old book cabinet. I channelled the air on the sides to ventilate on each level and put an intake on the bottom of the cabinet. The fans are speed adjustable and work for 5 min every quarter hour. You have a link to some pics here:

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/inde...showtopic=57452

I made a conversion of an old book cabinet. I channelled the air on the sides to ventilate on each level and put an intake on the bottom of the cabinet. The fans are speed adjustable and work for 5 min every quarter hour. You have a link to some pics here:

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/inde...showtopic=57452

impressive, sir! :photog:

brilliant design.... does it in fact keep a steady humidity level at each level?

A fantastic build Kjell! :photog: A lot of skill and patience went into that.

Unfortunately, some of us are so uncoordinated, we're lucky to not set our eyebrows on fire when lighting up!